Options

Battery question for tow vehicle

I think I'm going to have to replace the battery in my tow vehicle already.  2016 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab SV 4x4.  What is a good battery that will be better than the junk batteries that they put in new vehicles now?  Whatever is in there is the original battery.

Thanks!
2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
Woohoo!

Comments

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    I replaced my OEM Tundra battery with an Odyssey AGM battery group 31. Might be a bit over the top but piece of mind is important to me. I have previously used Optimas with success in other vehicles. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    I replaced my Tacoma’s battery last winter with an Interstate AGM battery that was a step above the stock wet cell battery replacement. The replacement battery worked extremely well.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    I am at nine years on a pair of Optima yellow tops in my Dodge Ram (diesel uses two batteries). This is my second set, I think the first ones were about six years, I have had the truck 19 years total.

Anyway, I would get some sort of AGM, the extra cost is worth it just in no corrosion or battery maintenance at all.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Optima Yellow Top here as well. Definitely would go with an AGM, they just hold up better over time for me.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    Same problem in a16 Frontier.  Original replaced approx 1 1/2 year, replacement factory battery died a couple months ago.  Replaced with Autozone duralast gold.  Will see how it holds up.  Electrical system checked and supposed to be ok.  wonder about heat under hood killing the batteries.  Asked about a battery heat shield and was told no go, not to use one!
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    rkj__rkj__ Member Posts: 641
    I'd look for the best balance between price and warrantee. 
    2016 T@b 320 CS-S - 2018 GMC Sierra - St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    My OEM battery died after 18 months. The corrosion with the factory battery was a problem which disappeared with an AGM battery. I have gotten over 6 years out of Optimas in my boat and other vehicles. They are pricey but worth it to me. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts