Options

Hot water drain leak

When I opened the hot water drain this year I had water run into the inside compartment on the floor; I closed it quickly and opened the cold water side and it drained fine.  Then I opened the hot side again and it drained with very little leak.

i then blew out the lines and more water leaked onto the floor.

I’m guessing the pex fitting is either cracked or is coming loose on the bottom (flooring) side.  Has anyone had this problem?

I’m wondering how bad it is to replace. I haven’t taken it apart yet and don’t know how much access there is to the drain through the floor and out the bottom? Any ideas or pics?

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    edited November 2019
    What year is your Tab? And what do your drain valves look like?
    I have the t-handle type drain valves, where you lift the little white t-handle about a quarter inch to get the drain open.
    I found that the rubber o-ring that seals the stem of that t-handle can get pinched and cut, because it's not lubricated well. If that happens, you would have water leaking inside on the floor.
    That might be your problem if you have the t-handle type drain valve.
    If you do have these valves, I recommend you take the t-handle out of the valve assembly and apply some silicone grease to the o-ring. The t-handle can be removed by pulling a little teeny clip from the side of the stem.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    George101George101 Member Posts: 48
    It’s a 2018 with the metal valve that turns. It’s not leaking at the value though, it appears to be  leaking at the 90 pex coupling that turns down into the floor. That’s why I’m asking, before I remove it, if anybody knows how good the access is to the drain tube going through the floor