Options

Hello and Thank You!

ObacherObacher Member Posts: 4
Thank you to everyone on this Forum, My wife and I have been lurking for some time learning everything we can from you folks as we shopped for our first camper (moving up from a tent). The first time we opened a cabinet door in the 400 we knew we had found it. Last Friday we ordered our T@B400, now the waiting part. We worked with Sonny's Camp-N-Travel in Duncan SC. They are a long time operation that has just started carrying the nuCamp products. They have been great to work with, good people. They already have a decent inventory of T@B's, T@G's and an AVIA. I am sure we will have many "Newbie" questions to keep everyone entertained!
Karen & Jay Blythewood, SC 2020 T@B400 BDL "Lily"; TV 2020 Chevy Colorado

Comments

• Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    edited November 2019
    @Obacher, welcome and congratulations on your trailer. Sometimes it seems like you're expectant parents. If you've been lurking, you know we love pictures! So when you take delivery, post a few. Adventures await!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Welcome to the Tab family @Obacher! Now for the fun part...Tabbing! I suspect you will never regret upgrading from a tent once you wake up in a Tab! Glad you’ve found a dealer you’re comfortable with. It makes a difference. While I was waiting for ladybug to arrive I had three lists going. The first list was items I needed to be able to use the trailer fully, like sewer hoses and things like that. The second list was items that I would need for the day-to-day camping and upgrading my current camping gear. The third list was items that I absolutely loved and didn’t have to have but wanted. That kept my wallet sort of intact. The first year was expensive, so I saved bigger purchases for the second year, like my ACOPower solar suitcase. This year’s splurge is a Purple Line Trailer Mover so I save my back. I don’t regret a moment of owning my Tab, including all the friends I’ve made and camp with! As @dragonsdofly said “Pics or it never happened!”  =)

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Finally, we picked up our T@B400 on January 28th from the dealer and had our first road trip of about two hours home. Unfortunately this was with a borrowed car as our new truck was ordered right about the time GM workers went on strike last year. So we are trapped at home until our truck is delivered, fortunately home is pretty woodsy so not a bad campsite (for now). We have named her "W@ter Lily" after our eldest and last remaining Lab "Highview Farms Water Lily" who at 12 can no longer adventure with us. Here is a Picture to prove it happened. :) Thanks again to everyone on this forum for sharing so much!

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Congrats!
    Looks like a great campsite!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Looking looking good, home is a good place for your first camp out, so you can get any issues sorted out.  We did the same thing, parked the TaB in the north forty, next to an old cabin (the first building on the property), and camped their first, getting any missed items from the House was only a 3-min walk away.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,926
    @Obacher, sadly, you will be home a bit longer after receiving your new truck. Be sure to meet all the limitations about towing during your break-in period. You don't want to invalidate that new vehicle's warranty! After that, happy t@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,494
    Welcome to the Tab family @Obacher! I love your home parking! I second what @dragonsdofly said about the break in period for your truck. Enjoy the journey!

2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Indeed! We have to get 500 miles of "joy riding" in.
  • Options
    jameskuzmanjameskuzman Member Posts: 140
    Congrats and welcome! Love the name, by the way :-) 

I'll echo what others have said about the break in period on the truck. Out Atlas was 1,000 miles. I can see you putting those first miles on the new truck in one weekend just to get the break in out of the way!

I'm glad you found a dealer who treated you well and with whom you're comfortable. We had a great experience with Paul at Beckley's last August when we bought @stro, our T@B 400. 

Sometimes I cringe when I read posts here about buyers whose dealers didn't include the welcome kit with the user manual and swag, were given no walkthrough or explanation of the systems at delivery, or were given flat-out wrong or bad information. Paul spent almost an entire day with us and it makes me even more grateful for our experience. 

Jim Kuzman, Girard OH - 2019 T@B 400 - TV 2019 Volkswagen Atlas SE 4Motion w/ Factory Tow Package
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    edited March 2020
    Just use the truck for a daily driver, and you will have the 500 miles in no time.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.