Options

another newbie winterize question.

boonie is winterized and sleeping for winter as i type, but just for clarification, when you do the blow out method, anti-freeze only needs to go in traps, and toilet seal, and shower floor drain.  when you do not use the blowout, you can remove line off water pump and pull anti-freeze out of jug and turn on each faucet until pink,  do traps as well. this includes outside shower. of course bypassing alde. i know, must get a bit old for you veterans :)
2018- 400- Colorado V6-Marin MT bikes :) 

Comments

• Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    I don’t know if everyone does this, but whether you have one or two dump valves, we spray antifreeze copiously on the valves, opening and closing them to spread it around. Seems to have prevented the valves from freezing, at least during our occasional freezing temps.
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    boonieboonie Member Posts: 83
    edited December 2019
    spoke with nucamp today, they recommend the ant-freeze method. i will be purchasing the pump add-on t adapter to pull anti-freeze rather than putting into water tank. i re-read my original question, comment, it does not read well. spoke with my dealer today and they blow and antifreeze. that's what i'll do next fall, 2020. sorry for the confusion.
    2018- 400- Colorado V6-Marin MT bikes :)