Options

DVD player is not loading

Another snag with T@B. 
The DVD is not loading. FM/AM radio works. Both TVs turns on. Neither of us can get the DVD to load and play. 
Have any of you experienced any problems with the TV and DVD. Ours is the standard issue for the T@Bs, Jensen.
I did the troubleshooting, as suggested, no luck. 
Our appointment with the dealer for the warranty work on all the other stuff is the 14th. Should I call Ed about this problem, also? 
I am getting very sad. 

T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer

Comments

• Options
    scubascuba Member Posts: 87
    edited April 2014
    Have you gone through the source menu? I had trouble at first then changed the source.
    Life is good! Great in a T@B!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    We were planning on trying it out last night, but frankly didn't get back to the t@b until bedtime.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Yea, the best time of the day, T@B bedtime!

scuba, Yes, sourced menu. We will try again, together to work with it tomorrow. 
    I probably just need a teenager to come over to help me. 
  • Options
    Yea, the best time of the day, T@B bedtime!

scuba, Yes, sourced menu. We will try again, together to work with it tomorrow. 
    I probably just need a teenager to come over to help me. 
    I think what scuba meant was that you need to change the input on the TV. Each device has an individual input. Also wondering if you tried getting it to play with the controls on the unit or did you try the controls on the remote control ?
  • Options
    I also had loose connection at TV. Check that plugs are snug.
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    scuba, that did the trick. I had a plug out on back of TV. Thanks for the help. 
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm glad I could be of help. So many have helped me out and will continue in the future.
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    PaulaKPaulaK Member Posts: 54
    No major problems are our initial shakedown this past weekend BUT... I really wanted to watch RV with Robin Williams, and we could not get the DVD to play on the TV. On the entertainment unit it displays that the DVD is loading, but not one of the source options on the TV would recognize the DVD input. I checked for any loosely connected plugs. Beyond that I don't know what to try next. :-?

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    No, it was not a blu-Ray DVD.

Paula & Larry | 2015 T@B S M@XX "Serenity"| 2014 Subaru Outback | Maple Grove, MN
  • Options
    Thanks, Sandra. I can't imagine how Ed gets any "real work" done at all with all of the people who call him. Thought I would try the forum first.

• Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    PaulaK said:
    Thanks, Sandra. I can't imagine how Ed gets any "real work" done at all with all of the people who call him. Thought I would try the forum first.
    I have had the same thought. Both here and in the Yahoo group, a lot of posts recommend for people to call Ed. I ended up calling the very friendly and helpful Ed while on vacation myself with a problem. I hope Ed loves his job because we are all in trouble if he goes anywhere. :)

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Actually, the TV manufacturer would be a better place to call. Look above for the Announcement from Michigan Mike about who to call for warranty questions. Ed is good, but he'll probably just refer you to the TV manufacturer.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    The end of the RCA S-video cable that plugs into the AV2 opening on the back of the TV is broken or defective. We'll need to take the trailer back to the dealer to get the cable repaired. We're wondering how this passed both the quality check at the factory and again at the dealer. But also we're kicking ourselves that we've had the T@B since April but didn't try to play a DVD until our first camping trip a week ago. Thanks for your replies!