Faux Granite Countertops

Wanted to have a more durable surface than the stained wood on my two pedestal cabinets.  Also thought it would be cool to have their tops match the kitchen.  So here they are:

$80 Wilsonart laminate sheet from Home Depot, a good router, laminate router bit, 60 tooth skill saw blade and some contact cement.  Very pleased with the results!  Looks much better in person.
2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.

Comments

• BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Looks very nice, @Tabaz   Very clean installation.  You must be very handy with a router.  I'm not familiar with the factory design of your model year T@B, but I don't recall seeing the cabinets that you have on both sides of your camper.  Did you install one or both of them yourself?
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    There are no words.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Bayliss - search "Custom Cabinets for the Solo Traveler" for the back story.  I first attempted the project using a Harbor Freight trim router - defective right out of the box.  Went to Home Depot and bought a Ridgid trim router and sailed through the rest of the project.  BTW, you know that metal trim piece on the front of the kitchen countertop?  It's plastic and pulls right out.  The stove has only one propane connection (no electrical) and the sink and faucet could not have been easier to remove and reinstall.  Very easy project for someone with moderate skills.
  • MiquelCamoMiquelCamo Member Posts: 91
    Tabaz said:
    ...  Very easy project for someone with moderate skills.
    Perfect description of me. 

Your countertops look great. 
    Mike and Lisa Campbell
    Springfield, MO
    2016 T@B Max S - Sold March 2020

• monamona Member Posts: 240
    Nice! I’m envious, as I am one of limited skills. 

Jeannie
    2015 T@b S Max  white with silver trim. 2018 GC Trailhawk. 
  • MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Tabaz said:
    Bayliss - search "Custom Cabinets for the Solo Traveler" for the back story.  I first attempted the project using a Harbor Freight trim router - defective right out of the box.  Went to Home Depot and bought a Ridgid trim router and sailed through the rest of the project.  BTW, you know that metal trim piece on the front of the kitchen countertop?  It's plastic and pulls right out.  The stove has only one propane connection (no electrical) and the sink and faucet could not have been easier to remove and reinstall.  Very easy project for someone with moderate skills.
    I found using a router for countertops is awesome. I redid the countertops in my clam and I borrowed dad's router, (possibly Ridgid). I have your custom cabinets thread saved. I'm going to build at least one of those cabinets eventually.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    Thanks for the info @Tabaz .  I will search for that post.
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• tybladesmithtybladesmith Member Posts: 178
    You are a visionary with that much storage and the counter tops really set it off, very classic and excellent workmanship @Tabaz . Beautiful job well done!
    Kay and Tom - SW Wisconsin - Silver T@bernacle - 2018 T@B 320S Boondock Silver/Black trim TV, 2018 Chevy Colorado, Silver/Black trim, Duramax, TowHaul, IntelliHaul
  • Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,350
    Thanks for the kind words Tom!  Next project will be adding two slides outs so I can have a walk-in closet and entertainment room.  Seems feasible after four glasses of wine.  =)
  • lkc001lkc001 Member Posts: 731
    Very nice work--looks classy!  I wish I was that handy with tools.
    2016 Nissan Frontier SV V6 4x4
    Finally!  New Owner of a 2017 Tab 320S! 
    Woohoo!
  • ChrisKChrisK Member Posts: 270
    <---- Presses the Like button.
    2014 T@b S Max AKA T@dpole