Options

Pacifica

My husband and I currently have a Dodge caravan to pull our 320. Although we haven’t had any issues we are interested in heading out west and feel we need something with a little more off to pull the tab. We are thinking of getting a Dodge Pacifica and would like to hear from anyone who currently pulls their tab with one.

Comments

• Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 186
    edited January 2020
    rosanne said:
    My husband and I currently have a Dodge caravan to pull our 320. Although we haven’t had any issues we are interested in heading out west and feel we need something with a little more off to pull the tab. We are thinking of getting a Dodge Pacifica and would like to hear from anyone who currently pulls their tab with one.
    What year Caravan do you have ? 2011 and above is very similar to the Pacifica in many ways mechanically . Both have the exact same engine, but the Pacifica has a 9 speed trans vs the Caravans 6 speed trans . The 3.6 V-6 Dodge / Chrysler Pentastar is a very good engine . Almost 300 hp, plenty of torque , and great mileage to boot. 
    In pretty much all aspects,  a Pacifica will be better than your Caravan for towing . If you have a  2010 or below Caravan, the Pacifica will be MUCH better . 
    We tow our 320 with a 3.6 2011 Caravan , and it is a great match . Pacifica should be better for mpg, and perhaps better on the uphill climbs all due to the 9 speed trans . 
    With our 3.6 Caravan we average about 30mpg on the highway not towing, and 16-18 towing the T@B in the mountainous NE part of the country . Would prob average 18-22 in the flats of the midwest towing . 

We had a 2017 (I think) Pacifica in the family, and I spent some time behind the wheel. I prefer the Grand Caravan over the Pacifica , but thats just me . Caravan definitely has a more dated look, but I feel it had more usable interior space than the Pacifica . 
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    rosannerosanne Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the information, very helpful.  We have a 2016 Caravan and really like it.  We are just concerned on how it will perform in the mountains out west.  We are wondering if going to the Pacifica will make enough of a difference to calm our concerns.