Options

Quick Thought: 6 gal. Vs. 15 gal. Portable Waste Tanks

When we purchased our T@B 400, my thinking was that we may have trips where a 15 gallon portable waste tank might be ideal, times where a 6 gallon would be plenty, or trips where both might be used, so I bought both.  Several trips under our belts now, and I’ve never used the 15 gallon tank, and I can see that the 6 gallon tank may be the only one I’ll ever use.  The 6 gallon “expands” the 400’s gray capacity to 26 gallons, and can be easily lifted/transported (quietly I might add) to a dump station without having to tow it behind the vehicle.  If it looks like we are getting full, I’ll fill up the 6 gallon tank, and that will typically get us through our stay until we are ready to leave.

Anyone interested in a never-used Tote-n-Stor 15 gallon tank?  :)

Comments

• Options
    ChrisandAlexisChrisandAlexis Member Posts: 120
    @TNOutback, we use a portable 6 gallon tank and it is pretty easy to lift it into the back of the SUV when it is full to go to the dump station. I can't imagine trying to lift a 15 gallon one into the back of the SUV. However, we can fill the the portable tank in a day especially if we have a hookup site with water. I am thinking of getting a 2nd 6 gallon tank.
    Chris and Alexis-- Roseville, California--2017 T@B CS-S--Toyota 4Runner
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    15 gallons of water weighs roughly 125#
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    atlasbatlasb Member Posts: 583
    We carry several 5 gal plastic buckets with Gama Seal spin on lids that are water tight seal.  I carry the power cord and electrical items in one, Water filter etc in one,  a couple small bucket lights in another.  and in 2 others i fill with water at the site when we are using the visor for weight to keep it from flying.  When the gray tank is nearing full, I drain 2 tanks and save or dump them when we pass the dump station on our way somewhere.  Gives us storage and lets us have usable for waste water.  Never need for the black tank.
    2018 T@B 400, 2017 Nissan Titan Crew cab
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I also bought the 15 gallon towable one. Have not used it yet. I have not boondocked for more than 4 days tho and I camp alone. The only time I came close was when I camper with a group and did salad for everyone. Washed it in the camper sink. Used way more water than I thought. Had to learn to be careful after that.