Options

My 320 Christmas Present

elbowwilhamelbowwilham Member Posts: 14
Just wanted to introduce myself. I bought a 320 S Boondock Edge the Friday after Christmas. I live in Idaho. I finally had a chance to use it Thursday night at a ski resort 3 hours from my house. They allow you to park overnight for no cost. It was 6 degrees F outside, but my dog and I were nice and toasty inside. I didn't use any of the plumbing. My dog found her place right away.  It was great to wake up right next to the lift and get fresh tracks. The only issue I had was It took a bit to get used to the heater noises when it clicks on and off.

I'm a snowboarder and I also do a lot of Trail Running. I usually set up a base camp with a tent and then explore the trails or run a race. But as I get older I just don't sleep very well in a tent. And I am usually at altitude, which means even in the summer the nights are cold. I am really looking forward to using my 320 as my base camp this year. 

I wanted to buy the 400 for the times when I bring my 2 boys with me, but it wouldn't fit in my garage, and I don't want to pay extra for storage. The 320 fits just barely. My boys are still small though, so I think we'll be fine for the next few years in the 320. I also plan to get the tent add on for the summer to expand our room. 

Thanks to all the post on this forum. They have been helpful before and after my purchase. 

2020 320S Boondock Edge - 2013 Honda Ridgeline  2017 Infiniti QX60

Comments

• Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Welcome! Beautiful dog!
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya
  • Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,496
    Welcome to the Tab family @elbowwilham! If you’re in the pan-handle region you’re welcome to join us at our monthly SpoTab breakfast, second Saturday weather permitting, 9:30am at Perkins off Division. We even have a couple from Orofino when the weather is good. You’ve got a beautiful Tab!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    Tabaz Tabaz Member Posts: 2,357
    You should not be disturbed by the Alde heater cycling on and off.  Check the setting on your pump.  It may be too high - most of us use a setting of 2.5.  I thought everything in Idaho was at sea level.  Or was that Iowa?  Regardless, if you're hearing a rumbling noise on propane, make sure the Alde is set to "High Altitude."  
    2016 Outback 320 with a 2010 Ford Expedition.
  • Options
    SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    Nice! Welcome to the fun! I think you will be fine. I sleep with my two kids, 9 & 13 with our feet pointing toward the kitchen. My 13 yo is taller than me and my 9 yo is almost 5 feet. It’s cozy, esp with our three small dogs, but we slept well. Enjoy the memories! 😊
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent