Options

12 volt system stopped working after shore power tripped - 2019 T@B 400 with factory solar

I was connected to shore power (15 amp) and was running the heat pump and lights.  The shore power tripped for reasons unrelated to the camper.  When I lost shore power the lights flashed for a while and everything that runs on 12 volt had a little bit of power but not enough to run them.  For example if I turn on the accent light the switch on the panel turns blue but the lights don't turn on.  None of the other 12 volt devices work on battery alone.  I fixed the shore power issue and when connected everything works fine.  When disconnected nothing works, but some things like the fan work but run extremely slow.  I'm not great with electrical but I checked everything I could including fuses etc.  Any ideas what happened and where to check next?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 542
    Did you check the main circuit breaker near the battery shutoff switch for the 12 volt?
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    N7SHG_HamN7SHG_Ham Member Posts: 1,261
    Battery is dead, with 12v only working when the converter is operating. Why the battery is dead is next question. Either bad battery or it isn't charging or I suppose is just dead and hadn't had time to charge. Things working very dim or slow is an indication of very low battery charge, a fuse blown you would get nothing.
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock Lite
  • Options
    coloradotab400coloradotab400 Member Posts: 3
    DenisP said:
    Did you check the main circuit breaker near the battery shutoff switch for the 12 volt?
    If you are referring to this, yes.  I reset it just in case but it was not tripped.

Thank you.
  • Options
    coloradotab400coloradotab400 Member Posts: 3
    N7SHG_Ham said:
    Battery is dead, with 12v only working when the converter is operating. Why the battery is dead is next question. Either bad battery or it isn't charging or I suppose is just dead and hadn't had time to charge. Things working very dim or slow is an indication of very low battery charge, a fuse blown you would get nothing.

It does act that way.  I had it on shore power for at least 30 minutes prior and it has solar so I'd be surprised if it was not charged if working normal.  It has 2 6 volt batteries and is only 6 months old.  Certainly possible one of them is dead.  Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    A voltmeter will allow you to test each battery. You can check voltages with shore power on and off to see if charging voltage reaches the battery. check connections and I think there is a fuse just for battery charging. Did you check the Vicron solar controller as it gives battery info, you can log on using the app and Bluetooth.