Options

Battery Terminal Hook-up Wires?

I visited my ClemenT@B today in storage and looked at the battery re-hookup for my 12V. My battery has been happily recharging via Battery Tender Plus in my laundry room since December 2013.  Now comes the time to re-hook for spring camping.  Okay.  So my cables on the T@B have a red wire, a white wire, and a yellow wire.  My battery only has a positive terminal (red) and negative terminal (black).  Where do I hook up these rings?  The technician took out the battery when I picked it up last December, and I don't know how it was connected.  ~X(   Help????
Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)

Comments

• Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

Thanks, Neil.  The T@B manual is no help. It states:  "Secure the lug and wire that has the 20-amp inline fuse to the batteries positive terminal.  The lugs on the remaining two white wires connect to the batteries negative terminal."  

I'll get it all figured out sooner or later.  Hopefully, along this wonderful journey I won't break something or blow something up.

=P~
  • Options
    I called my RV dealer today and asked the same question posted above.  They affirmed that, indeed, the battery cables are supposed to be hooked up according to Neil's scenario.  Neil, you're 'Da Man.  (Just cross-checking my sources!!!)  I'm going to document all this with photos and written descriptions for next year.  There is a HUGE learning curve for Newbies. :)]
  • Options

Oh, no-o-o-o, I hate that when that happens.  Any chance of them being available in a physical store?  What kind did you decide to go with?

I know what you are saying about not knowing things.  I wish I knew a little about EVERTHING, and then if I needed to know more about SOMETHING, I could learn it. 

:))
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    For future reference... My 2014 t@b battery is wired as follows...hope it helps someday.
  • Options
    I believe that is correct, Sandra. 
  • Options
    SgtjohnSgtjohn Member Posts: 238
    If I were in a "fix" like this, I'd make sure neither of the wires were touching anything metallic and then I'd plug the T@B into my garage receptacle.  Then I'd take a voltage tester something like an ice pick, put the clamp on one of the wires and touch the tip of the "ice pick" to a grounded surface.  The negative ground wouldn't light and the positive lead would light up the volt tester.  Then for sure, you'd know which is the hot wire and which is the ground.
  • Options
    Deltaboy59Deltaboy59 Member Posts: 315
    I just put orange duct tape on my positive leads so hopefully this will prevent future problems... Lol