Opinion...Aeroflo Fan Cover

BogieMeisterBogieMeister Member Posts: 114
edited January 2020 in Modifications & Upgrades
Does the addition of the Aeroflo fan cover have an effect on mpg. It seems to me that once I added the “pimple on a super model” I lost about one mile per gallon. Your thoughts...
Gerri (Gary) Ewing
Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

Comments

• DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 538
    I put the Aeroflo cover on pretty early on so I don’t have a comparison. I average 11-12.5 mpg towing with a Tundra 5.7l.  Recent cross country trip 9500 miles averaged 12.2 mpg with towing and excursions with many of the miles in Mountains. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    If there are any effects on gas mileage, it is certainly outweighed by the benefits of being able to have the fan vent open any time you want. I feel the AeroFlo vent cover is the most aerodynamic of any vent cover I have seen. 

I have had an AeroFlo vent cover on my current T@B 400, my former T@B S Max, and my Silver Shadow Teardrop. I don’t go anywhere without it😉
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Tundra57Tundra57 Member Posts: 640
    I also have a Tundra. I have towed with and without the aeroflo and saw no measurable difference I get the same mileage as @DenisP. By the way thanks @verna for the idea in the first place.
  • BogieMeisterBogieMeister Member Posts: 114
    Thanks for your input Verna
    Gerri (Gary) Ewing
    Montgomery TX (Birthplace of the Texas Flag)
    2018 320 S - "No Agenda Hacienda"
    Tow Vehicle 2023 Honda Pilot AWD

• db_cooperdb_cooper Member Posts: 726
    I look at the fan cover as essential,  not a "nice to have".  No matter whether it's raining, snowing, or the sun shining,  the first thing I do after parking the camper is crack the vent just a bit.  It's more important to be able to open that vent when it's wet out, than when it's dry.  Also keep it cracked open while storing at home.
    2015 Max S Outback | 2010 Xterra

• DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,409
    It also allows you to leave the vent open while traveling during summer heat.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun