Options

Walker Tent for T@B 320

Comments

• Options
    SharonKSharonK Member Posts: 22

I ordered the Walker Tent on January 22, 2020, and received it on January 27th for my 2016 T@B Max S.  I had a discussion with Elton from AllPro prior to ordering about the difficulty of setting it up by myself - he was thorough and didn't sugar-coat anything.  I admit that when I opened all the boxes, I panicked!  Some of the instructions are in English, some are not.  I studied them for an hour before doing a practice set-up.  It took me 2 1/2 hours to set up everything except the tie-downs, stakes, flooring and tire wall.  I am 5'2", 69 yr old female - and I do love a challenge!  

I set up the tent completely on my next camping trip in 2 hours - by myself.  I did have to use a 9" folding step stool.  My tent has the vinyl/screen windows on all sides that gave me great air flow.  I used a small heater on cool mornings (unfortunately, I also plugged in my coffee pot outside and tripped the breaker - a new learning experience!) and on warmer afternoons I used a small fan.  There were some high winds - 45 mph, and tornado warnings during my stay.  The Walker tent didn't budge but my T@B was swaying in the wind!

It took about 10 minutes to take the tent down - but about an hour to pack it!  That was the hardest part of the whole experience and I will have to work on finding a better way to pack.

I absolutely LOVE this tent!  I would probably not use it for shorter weekend trips, but can't wait to set it up for my next trip in March.  In my opinion, it is well worth the cost - the quality and functionality is great. 

• Options
    newteardropownersnewteardropowners Member Posts: 15
    I'm really interested in hearing how this goes, I just picked up a used 2019 T@B400 Boondock Lite and it has a Walker Tent with it, not interested in this at all, but I see they are really expensive.
  • Options
    LisaTucsonLisaTucson Member Posts: 60
    Hi @SharonK, Do you still love your Walker tent? I have an opportunity to gt one and your feedback would be helpful. I’m 5’4” and around the same age as you. Thanks.
    Lisa
    Tucson, AZ
    2016 T@B 320 S Outback ("Scout")
    TV: 2013 Lexus 450h
    "You never know when you're having good luck." ~ Unknown
  • Options
    SharonKSharonK Member Posts: 22
    Hi, Lisa - Yes! I do still love my Walker Tent.  I have found that putting it up without the front  and side really reduces the setup time and I enjoy not being so closed in.  However, when it’s cold outside, it’s nice to have it all enclosed with a small heater. 

Also, it gets easier to put up by myself each time I do it.  I’m just 5’2”, so I definitely need the stool (which I also use as my step for the camper).  If you are camping on concrete or asphalt, I have found ways to secure it to a grassy area, since you can’t really tie it down the way they demonstrate.  

I know it is expensive, but compared to the older Pahaque awning, it is much more stable in high winds and I would definitely buy it again.