Options

Stabilizer jack lube

I was using WD-40 on the stabilizer screws on my old T@B 320 S but always wondered if there was a better way. I could use a grease but is there a downside to that, with picking up all sorts of road crud?

Now that I've traded up to a 400, what else might I use? 

Thanks, all.

Comments

• Options
    RCBRCB Member Posts: 193
    I’ve wondered as well. There is a chain lube for bicycles that might work. Bike chains are subject to a of mud and grit. I recall it is wax based. 
    400 - 2019
    St Catharines, ON
  • Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    You might be better off using actual lubricant. Tri-flow is a good one...it cleans and protects against rust and contains PTFE. There are many others to choose from...spray graphite will not offer the rust protection but it will not collect dirt. Silicon spray is also a better option and you should probably have it around for spraying the hitch/ball.
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 755
    Boeshield T-9!  It won't collect dust and dirt like WD-40 and is wax based.  The downside is that it is pricy.
  • Options
    mrericmreric Member Posts: 154
    since i own a motorcycle is use motorcycle chain lube on them,  
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    I used an RV Slide lubricant that worked really good.  It was a dry type spray silicone that dried to a white powder.
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    tabiphiletabiphile Member Posts: 426
    RCB said:
    I’ve wondered as well. There is a chain lube for bicycles that might work. Bike chains are subject to a of mud and grit. I recall it is wax based. 
    Yes...White Lightning. Great stuff but it would not be very easy to apply and it's pricey. Works great on cycles though.
  • Options
    rcuomorcuomo Member Posts: 319
    Ditto Falcon 1970- Boeshield T-9 is perfect for jackscrews (was developed by Boeing specifically for that use), also for hitch coupling and pretty much everything that needs lubrication and corrosion protection. 
    ‘18 Tab 320S- mfg’d 4/17, acquired 9/17
    Spare & bike rack on tongue, Renogy 100w suitcase connection, cargo & door nets, sway bar, wired rear camera, Norcold aux fan, front window protection, frame mounted sewer & water hose storage, Krieger 1500w inverter w/100Ah LIFePO4.
    ‘17 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E- 5000# tow cap, 600# tongue cap
    ‘20 Honda Pilot Elite- 5000# tow cap, 500# tongue cap
    Huntington LI
  • Options
    MarcoMarco Member Posts: 18
    I used leftover grease when I changed the axle/wheel grease. It works fine
  • Options
    DenisPDenisP Member Posts: 540
    I also have used Boeshield T-9 for stabilizers and for Ultimate tongue jack lubrication and it has worked really well. It seems to last longer than lithium grease I had previously used and is less messy. 
    2018 T@b 400, 200ah Lithium with Solar
    2013 Tundra TRD 5.7L
    Massachusetts
  • Options
    ChanWChanW Member Posts: 3,158
    Note the Boeshield T-9 comes in a small 'drip' type bottle besides the spray bottle. They sell it for bicycle chain lube.

I think it's much easier to deal with without waste.
    Chan  -  near Buffalo NY
    2014 S Maxx
    2011 Tacoma 4cyl ... edit: 2022 Tacoma 6cyl - oh yeah! 

A_Little_T@b'll_Do_Ya