Options

2021 TAB 400 On Dealer Lot - Is It?

Started poking around this forum again and dealer websites after going cold (pun intended) on the 400 with the AC issues in the 2020.  Looking at one of the local dealer web sites, this one in Burnet, TX, I spied what is described as a 2021 TAB 400 and it sure looks like the AC is now up front.  There’s also a 2020 with it up front, too, so possibly an interim run after the rejection of the rear AC units in our hot Texas climate.  Still uncertain if we’ll migrate back to the TAB for purchase in a few months or go with one of the other manufacturers we started studying after putting the brakes on the TAB purchase.  So members of the forum, take a look at the website for Rogers RV and share your thoughts on what you see.

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Yes, looks like a 2021 TaB400 and the 2020 appears to be a Solo Model.
    so a new 2021 TaB400 is now out in the wild with a Cool Cat style AC mounted under the front bench.  Loosing the small front bench storage for a larger and easier to access under the bed center storage compartment works for me.

The 2020 Solo also looks like it has the Cool Cat AC and retains the sewer hose storage compartment.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    patandjeffpatandjeff Member Posts: 16
    the 2020 are SOLO model
    T@B 400 , Tundra 
  • Options
    JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    I stopped by the dealer in Burnet last summer and he was not able to get the Air8 to even come close to cooling a tab 400 down.  Glad to hear he has some CoolCat models available now.
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    I have a 2020 model, and I actually like having the storage space up front.  It has more volume than the rear compartment (where my Air8 is) and is easier to access as far as I am concerned, especially since we have a mattress topper on the bed, making it very difficult to open that compartment more than a few inches.  I’d prefer to keep the front compartment for storage rather than the rear.
  • Options
    JCALDJCALD Member Posts: 132
    I think moving the A/C back was a good idea but it was not executed well.  A manufacturer must have a system capable of cooling the RV no matter where it is going to be used.  Here in Texas it is just too hot to have a unit that is too small for the task.