Options

2021 400 BDL has arrived!

13»

Comments

• Options
    awandlerawandler Member Posts: 20
    @Denny16 yes I love the solo layout as well.  More floor space for my doggies.  But then you lose the storage space.  I have the closet in the 2018 400 and I don't come close to using all the space so I think I might be OK with the drawer and the cubby area in the solo version. 

Thanks @ChrisFix for confirming.  That's definitely a plus for the standard layout.  

2018 TaB400, F150 (for now), Austin, Texas
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited August 2020
    Yes, I like the open look of the Solo layout also.  If we had not found the deal we did on our TaB400, and buying new, we would have ordered a Solo.
    Thanks Chris, mystery solved, the new TaB400 has the under bunk center storage area back.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    ChrisFix said:
    @awandler
    The picture that @Denny16 posted is exactly what my 2021 T@B 400 Boondock looks like. 
    There is a nicely sized storage box under the center of the bed, and it is closed off from the passenger-side outside storage area.
    It has a gas support strut, but if you add a mattress topper (in my case 2" latex topper), the strut isn't strong enough to hold the hatch open.
    @ChrisFix - what are the dimensions of the under bed storage area on the 2021?
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    85Redwood85Redwood Member Posts: 52
    @rhyno ... My 2021 400's under bed storage: 26¼"W x 23"L x 13"H
    2021 T@B 400: boondock, 3-way fridge, microwave, solar
    2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7 L
  • Options
    LammyWinnLammyWinn Member Posts: 26
    ChrisFix said:
    @awandler
    The picture that @Denny16 posted is exactly what my 2021 T@B 400 Boondock looks like. 
    There is a nicely sized storage box under the center of the bed, and it is closed off from the passenger-side outside storage area.
    It has a gas support strut, but if you add a mattress topper (in my case 2" latex topper), the strut isn't strong enough to hold the hatch open.
    Our 2021 doesn’t have that gas support strut. 🤦🏻‍♀️
    I’ll probably add that now. So many things missing from our 2021. Sigh. 
  • Options
    The gas struts may have been in short supply.  Check with your dealer to get on a list to get one when they are back in supply 
    cheers
  • Options
    rhynorhyno Member Posts: 393
    @LammyWinn - It sounds like your T@B should have come with an "IOU" list. I feel for you.
    2021 T@B 400 BD, 2021 Lexus GX 460, Kansas City MO
  • Options
    p21usap21usa Member Posts: 13
    LammyWinn said:
    ChrisFix said:
    @awandler
    Our 2021 doesn’t have that gas support strut. 🤦🏻‍♀️
    I’ll probably add that now. So many things missing from our 2021. Sigh. 
    We removed the gas strut from our 2021 400 BD.  It was such a pain to deal with when we needed to get in to the battery compartment. Also, it is not very strong and doesn't hold the storage lid open when there is the mattress on top. We replaced it with a nice, strong wood plank with a notch in it.
  • Options
    That is what I use also, no gas strut on a 2018, and it works quite well.  I am thinking of adding a hinge to the wood bar, and catch to hold it up on the underside of the lift up bunk panel.
    cheers