Options

Absolutely stoked.

XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
After years of being deep involved in motorcycles and the motorcycle industry (still am, I. A way), I appreciate participating in "enthusiast oriented" recreation.

This meant, over the years, obtaining and enjoying niche market motorcycles, which may have had bugs or flaws, but transcended mediocrity to provide a compelling experience like no other.

I feel, after dealing with RVs for the last 3.5 years professionaly, that the T@b is such a product. Sure, there are things that we may modify, and flaws to work out... ...but for a relatively tiny economy of scale... ...you know when you own one that they are really trying.

I am so full of joy today to look out front, and see me T@b. It's pouring rain, and I'm contemplating going to sit in the T@b "just because".

Good on ya, Little Guy.
LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 

Comments

• Options
    BTW, this is my first travel trailer. The closest I ever got personally was when my mom finally fulfilled her dream of getting an RV. She bought a used Winnebago Brave, and headed to Alaska from New England. She was too sick to make it past Ohio, to visit me, before returning home.

The next spring she was gone... at 53.

There are so many things I do in my life, to live in the ways she tought me, and to build on dreams we shared.

It probably seems silly to many, but so many years later... well, you never forget.

I'm fortunate to be in a place to be able to swing such an elective purchase, and so grateful... hencd the random joy post. LOL
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878

I've carried my Mother's last driver's license with me for over 12 years.  She's been to a lot of places she had never been before, seen some great sites, saw some that she had already seen.  I now have a copy of Daddy's last driver's license.  He'll be seeing a lot of places with Mother and I....at a slower pace than he would normally have gone.  Not speed, but speed of "just passing through"....he'll get to linger longer at some places.

So, I understand.  We learn from our experiences, and we always want to improve on the best, and the best example we had.

Verna

Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553

You guys have a way with words, and what you say resonates in me, too.  I camped with my parents all the way to Montreal, Canado to Expo '67 when I was in the 7th grade.  I have had the "camping bug" ever since, and my T@B is named after my dad who helped me purchase her (ClemenT@B). He passed in 2004.  I have had this dream of owning a travel trailer for many, many years.  I, too, feel blessed to be an owner of an LG T@B.

ALSO, my BF loves motorcycles, so every now and then we go 'cycling.'  He is coming to the Western Rally with me.  Good to know he will have others to talk "motorcycle" with.

Xpadrex -- You NEED to come to the Western Rally in Idaho!!!!  Check it out.

L-)
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    scubascuba Member Posts: 87
    Xpadrex, I actually did go out and sit in To@d while it was raining today!
    Life is good! Great in a T@B!
    2014 CS-S Maxx
  • Options
    What a good group of folks.... I appreciate the memories, and shared enthusiasm. It's a real treat to be around folks who just love it for what it is.

Hey, is there a link to this Western Rally? All I see is chat about Tearstock (which is plenty close by, about a couple of hours away).

Neil... pretty neat!
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    There's a thread for the Western Rally (under that same topic) on this Forum.  It's August 3-6 at Ponderosa State Park near McCall, Idaho.  Sites are booking up! B-)
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    I love sitting in the T@Bpole, or under the awning, in a nice heavy rain.  I think it brings back memories as a kid, sitting out on the front porch as a summer afternoon rain would pass, simply watching the rain fall and hit the ground, and listening to it bouncing off the roof above.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Cyclonic... I relate. I have long sat in cars in the rain for the same reason, and had a 3 season room built in my last home for the same reason. My friends laugh, but I remind them of "treehouse" and "fort" days, and tell me the T@b isn't just a cool little hangout?
  • Options
    CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    Tomorrow is the big day for me. I'm sure I'll be cuddling her all weekend. A little creepy maybe lol.
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot