Options

Renogy 10 Watt Monocrystalline Panel for battery charging

For anyone looking for a compact solar panel for charging up a battery this Renogy looks like a convenient set-up and could be mounted in either a fix or portable manner.   I'm thinking about buying one to charge up a deep cycle battery on a fishing boat that powers up an electric trolling motor.   This is available on Amazon.com.

Renogy 10 Watt 10w Monocrystalline Photovoltaic PV Solar Panel Ul Listed Module 12v Battery Charging

Product Description

Description 
Renogy 10W Monocrystalline Solar Panel is perfect for small plug-and-play projects! With its small size, portability is easier than ever. The equipped alligator clips make it easy to connect the panel to a battery in seconds. 
Renogy 10W Solar Panel has several uses including marine, dry camp, and other off-grid applications. Renogy monocrystalline panels will give you the most efficiency per space and have the ability to withstand extreme elements and severe weather. These solar panels also have the capability of withstanding heavy snow and strong wind loads. 

Specifications 
Maximum Power: 10W 
Maximum System Voltage: 600V DC (UL) / 1000V DC (IEC) 
Optimum Operating Voltage (Vmp): 17.5V 
Optimum Operating Current (Imp): 0.57A 
Open-Circuit Voltage (Voc): 21.6V 
Short-Circuit Current (Isc): 0.62A 
Dimensions: 16.3 X 7.2 X 1.0 In 
Weight: 3.5lbs 

Warranty Information 
25-year transferable power output warranty: 5-year/95% efficiency rate, 10-year/90% efficiency rate, 25-year/80% efficiency rate 
5-year material and workmanship warranty
Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ

Comments

• Options
    T@BuhuraT@Buhura Member Posts: 97
    edited May 2015
    Based on comments from others and indications to use 1W/Battery AmpHr it seems this might be a good trickle charger to keep on the T@B when not in use. Have you tried it and would it be a good option to use during camping trips? Would you say the higher wattage panels (80W, 100W or 120W) are more for actually supplementing the battery while boon-docking and charging? How would characterize the difference between this and the bigger panels in terms of function/use?

The price is right for sure!!! I'm hesitant to spend 5x or more not sure how often I'll get to use it past our big trip but I might be tempted to go this route if it would actually help maintain our battery during our planned expedition not knowing how often we'll come across power. Related - when using the 3way NorCold on propane, does it require any electricity to keep functioning (even a trickle)?
    2006 Dutchman T@B T16, 2010 Volvo XC90 3.2 R-Design