Options

H2Out work to dehumifify while sleeping?

Most small trailers and tents can get pretty moist inside so I assume the T@B will be no different. I just noticed the H2Out devices. Do these work well enough to dehumidify the air in the trailer while you are sleeping and/or on a cool damp day?

Comments

• Options
    RadRad Member Posts: 516
    I use a H2O Out unit when the T@B is stored at our house.  We have wet year around considering almost constant summer coastal fog.  It works great.

That being said, we have never used it or felt the need to use while using the T@B.  We have been in some big rains and the inside was just fine by morning with the ceiling vent cracked open and a side window also cracked.  We have had no noticeable condensation on any interior surfaces like I get in my tents.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Same experience as Rad - No moisture even when sealed up in 10 degree temps. I'm alone so may be be different with two heavy breathers but I think the T@B is just big enough to handle the breathing. Have spent nights sleeping in the back of my Jeep with a smaller volume and did have fogged up windows. I do crack windows whenever possible though.
  • Options
    RZRBUGRZRBUG Member Posts: 890

I find the H2Out units work fine for reducing moisture while the trailer is parked and unoccupied.  I think you will find that they won't keep up with the additional moisture produced by breathing or such things as indoor cooking.  When stored for the winter, I put one of these units under the seat where the electrical/mechanical is installed to help keep moisture from damaging these items.  You just MUST remember to remove it before taking off if you don't have it secured as it will bounce around and may do damage to the equipment.

As mentioned above, cracking the vent and window(s) should help when occupied.  I failed to do this on a cold night in Yellowstone last June and had to wipe down the ceiling next morning.  I was not prepared for off-grid camping and my only heat source was the cooktop, which I didn't burn while sleeping.  At the time I was not sure I could run the LP furnace fan off the battery all night and not wake up with a dead battery next morning.

Side Note:  I think I've mentioned this before, but speaking of cooktops, if you're camping at high altitudes where it will get rather cold, don't depend on butane lighters to light your cooktop (some have spark lighter, but mine doesn't).  Let's just say that I now carry a supply of wooden matches.

Larry & Booger - 2013 T@B, 2012 GMC Sierra

Happy Trails Y'all

States Visited Map

• Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    As Larry noted above, cracking the vent helps, along with running the ceiling fan on low speed.   Some of our members use the Eva-dry units too in an effort to reduce the moisture content inside the trailers and they seem to help out.

Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    DalehelmanDalehelman Member Posts: 2,410
    With insulated walls ceiling and double pane windows inside condensation should be very low. We still leave the vent open a crack and maybe a window. The double pane windows are a really great feature on such a small RV and not very common. Air Stream Bambi at $42,000 plus does not list DP windows on their spec sheet. Maybe they just forgot.
    1. Hash  T@B Fun
  • Options
    jpi68jpi68 Member Posts: 80
    We were camping near Nashville, TN last fall and had the everything shut up tight in the camper due to heavy smokers camped next to us… Woke up in the middle of the night to a drip, drip dripping sound… Condensation formed around the fantastic fan and along the ceiling seams… The next night we cracked the fan vent open and vented out on low… with windows opposite to the smokers cracked to vent… no more moisture problem…