Options

2021 Glass Stove Top Interference fix?

13»

Comments

• Options
    jredderjredder Member Posts: 12
    nothing new to add on the deficits but I do have a photo of what i did to keep the original unit and add what @GregChris mentioned. Command clips.
    2021 TAB 320S
    2021 Rav4 Prime
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    patti_vpatti_v Member Posts: 2
    I have nothing to add, but just want to thank everyone here for all the ideas! I've been thinking it is just me, or some trick that I don't know. Fiddled with the level to drop the front a little in hopes it was a balance thing. Have had it crash down on a pot of hot water and knock the pot off the stove (and onto my foot). Basically at wits end, so I now just ignore the stove and use the Blackstone grill outside. 

Now there is hope! I'll fiddle with the hinges a bit, and also call NuCamp to try to get a replacement. 

On a related note, I keep one of those microfiber dish drying mats on top of the (closed) cover. Adds some padding, absorbs water, washable, foldable, and comes in lots of colors! 
    2022 T@B 320 Boondock - newbie owner
  • Options
    Basil48192Basil48192 Member Posts: 267
    @patti_v.  I guess I'm a glutton for punishment!  I just installed my third glass top on my 2021.  I've been using the clip shown above for 3 years...but I recently had to remove the stovetop to address a propane leak.  I saw a replacement glass top on the nuCamp parts website for $39....so I figured I would give it one last try.  
    The original hinges were faulty when I took delivery, so Nucamp provided a replacement under warranty.  That one lasted just a few months before a friend forced it closed without 'lifting up'.  I received $39 unit last week and installed it.  So far, so good.  I'm thinking of putting a huge warning sign on it so everyone remembers to lift up before trying to close it.  We'll see!