Back up Camera 2020 Tab 400 Boondock Lite

Having trouble pairing camera with the monitor.  The instructions are minimal and I have watched a video recommended by the manufacturer, still no help with it pairing.  It is the b/u camera from the NuCamp factory, installed by them, a cheap one made in China.  Anybody else have trouble with the components pairing?  Were you able to overcome those issues and how?  All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• OlyCampersOlyCampers Member Posts: 2
    I had similar issues. Discovered that the factory had connected camera to my running lights which only work when my tow rig lights are on. My GMC truck usually runs in "Auto" mode on the lights. Once I turned the lights to "On" the camera was powered. I was then able to follow the cryptic secret instructions for synching. Worked fine! I was surprised that it could communicate from back of the trailer to the front of my cab. Good Luck!
    p.s. the camera was also mounted upside down at the factory. Doh!
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 325
    Same experience as @OlyCampers:  camera mounted upside down, and yes, the unit will not power on with vehicle lights in “auto” mode.  Another help, @Boomzoom, is to locate the short little antenna tucked in behind the bed down in the slot between the bed and the wall.  The wiring for the camera comes through the wall there, and there is a little pigtail antenna that I figured out I get better reception by pulling it out and wedging it vertically in between the seams of the fabric wall panels.  Also, there is a pairing button on the base of that pigtail that pairs your camera to the monitor.
    2020 [email protected] 400 BDL w/ solar
    2016 F-150 4x4 Crew, 3.5L Ecoboost
    Middle Tennessee
    YNWA LFC
  • NoVaGuyNoVaGuy Member Posts: 48
    I am having similar issues.  I will try taking the lights out of auto mode.  What are the super secret pairing instructions?
    States Visited Map

2020 [email protected] 400 BD Lite
  • Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 470
    It is a good idea to always run with your lights on, when towing a trailer.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400, Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast
  • TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 325
    NoVaGuy said:
    I am having similar issues.  I will try taking the lights out of auto mode.  What are the super secret pairing instructions?
    @NoVaGuy, try pulling out that little pigtail antenna that is crammed down in that slot (be careful not to pull loose other wires there), be sure your headlights are on or in Parking mode, and see if it will pair on its own.  If not, there is a pairing menu on the monitor, and once that is depressed, press the little button on the antenna pigtail.
    2020 [email protected] 400 BDL w/ solar
    2016 F-150 4x4 Crew, 3.5L Ecoboost
    Middle Tennessee
    YNWA LFC