Options

Back up Camera 2020 Tab 400 Boondock Lite

Having trouble pairing camera with the monitor.  The instructions are minimal and I have watched a video recommended by the manufacturer, still no help with it pairing.  It is the b/u camera from the NuCamp factory, installed by them, a cheap one made in China.  Anybody else have trouble with the components pairing?  Were you able to overcome those issues and how?  All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Options
    OlyCampersOlyCampers Member Posts: 22
    I had similar issues. Discovered that the factory had connected camera to my running lights which only work when my tow rig lights are on. My GMC truck usually runs in "Auto" mode on the lights. Once I turned the lights to "On" the camera was powered. I was then able to follow the cryptic secret instructions for synching. Worked fine! I was surprised that it could communicate from back of the trailer to the front of my cab. Good Luck!
    p.s. the camera was also mounted upside down at the factory. Doh!
    2020 T@B 400 Boondock Lite behind our 2014 GMC Sierra. Homeport is Olympia WA USA.
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Same experience as @OlyCampers:  camera mounted upside down, and yes, the unit will not power on with vehicle lights in “auto” mode.  Another help, @Boomzoom, is to locate the short little antenna tucked in behind the bed down in the slot between the bed and the wall.  The wiring for the camera comes through the wall there, and there is a little pigtail antenna that I figured out I get better reception by pulling it out and wedging it vertically in between the seams of the fabric wall panels.  Also, there is a pairing button on the base of that pigtail that pairs your camera to the monitor.
  • Options
    NoVaGuyNoVaGuy Member Posts: 95
    I am having similar issues.  I will try taking the lights out of auto mode.  What are the super secret pairing instructions?
    States Visited Map

2020 T@B 400 BD Lite
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    It is a good idea to always run with your lights on, when towing a trailer.
    cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    NoVaGuy said:
    I am having similar issues.  I will try taking the lights out of auto mode.  What are the super secret pairing instructions?
    @NoVaGuy, try pulling out that little pigtail antenna that is crammed down in that slot (be careful not to pull loose other wires there), be sure your headlights are on or in Parking mode, and see if it will pair on its own.  If not, there is a pairing menu on the monitor, and once that is depressed, press the little button on the antenna pigtail.
  • Options
    mjbowenmjbowen Member Posts: 1
    I too had issues with backup camera not working with no signal.  So, this is what I did to resolve my issue.  I found that there were issues with a 2019 Silverado trucks not providing enough power to send a signal to the backup camera. After several months with this problem I contacted the warranty department of NuCamp and they replaced my camera. Now I have a voyager camera instead.  Next, I was able to contact a dealer in AZ to help me set it up on my 2020 TAB 400 Boondock Lite with the new camera.  Apparently, who ever set it up before wired it wrong.  Once that was corrected they were able to pair it with new camera (pairing button is located inside TAB back between the bed and wall panel).  Make sure your running lights are on and not in automatic.  The signal was found and I was able to use the camera on the trailer.  I also, use the camera as an observation to see what is behind me when traveling.  It helps a lot when those big 18 wheelers come upon you.  I hope this helps for those having issues.  Contact NuCamp warranty and maybe you will get a new camera...plus they also paid for the labor!  Best of luck to all! :)
  • Options
    LloydLloyd Member Posts: 34
    When we took delivery of our T@B 400 the rear view camera antenna connector had been forced and torqued (by the dealer's staff) a bit too hard. On the drive home from the dealer, the camera quit pairing with the monitor in the TV. Upon close inspection, the rear antenna connection would not tighten at all. After removing the back cover I discovered the four grounding posts that secure the antenna mount to the circuit board had broken free. I carefully soldered the posts to the antenna connector and gently screwed the antenna back on. In doing so, I discovered the antenna is actually only about 1.75" in length and the black rubber cover is purely cosmetic. Removing it does not harm performance and totally removes it from view while driving.
    2020 T@B 400 w/ factory solar
    2015 Nissan Frontier SV, 4WD Crew Cab
    Cottage Grove, MN