Options

Camping Apps

CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
edited October 2014 in Tips & Tricks
So I just got a new phone that actually has a decent amount of memory.  What apps does everyone have to make your travels a bit easier?

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
Sterling, VA

Comments

• Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Campwhere for state and Federal parks and BLM campgrounds. Allstays for RV parks. Woodalls for campground descriptions. Rest Stops--self explanatory. Oh Ranger to find stat and Federal parks with descriptions, etc. Many states have their own State Park apps. AAA has an app you hope to never have to use!! Good Sam also has an app. I use an iPhone, so all of these are iPhone apps.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    NnbriccoNnbricco Member Posts: 16
    Florida State Parks, Reserve America, South Carolina Campgrounds and National Geographic National Parks. I am not a fan of all of these, but I do love the FL State Parks. I hear SC has a State Parks app now, too, but I haven't been able to locate and download it yet.
    Eric & Nichola Greenville, SC Jeep Compass, expecting T@b.
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    This discussion is older, but I decided to revive it.

In case you don't listen to the news, Indiana, and specifically Kokomo, Indiana, was hit hard by multiple tornadoes this week. Two days ago was spent under a tornado warning for most of the day and evening. I've had a free app called Tornado that I wasn't even sure it worked . Oh believe me, it works, and the siren on it is loud!  It went off 6 times Wednesday and the storms were 40 miles from me. It's already went off twice this morning for a rogue thunderstorm that traveled very quickly across the state with high winds and cloud roration (yeah, listen to the weather long enough and you know the lingo ;) ) and this storm was within a few miles of me. (Not to worry--it's gone, leaving 20,000 without power, lots of trees and power lines down and more flooding.)

But anyway, Red Cross made a number of free apps available that have information of what to do if you encounter these emergencies and they obviously give warnings if you are near. Make sure you set up the alerts. 

They have: First Aid, Hurricane, Tornado, Wildfire, Earthquake. I have a separate one for CPR-Choking also, with age specific videos on how to treat infants through adults (made up by a fire department and offered free). 

Now, looking at the app, you may think it's not working ( no fires shown, but my location is not in immediate danger for a fire), but when a warning is issued, I sure would hear the siren. 

And the the normal disclaimer is that you must have cell service for these to work. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    ericnlizericnliz Member Posts: 4,437
    Thanks Verna, good helpful info!
    2016 T@B MAX S-aka: WolfT@B
    TV: 2006 Chevy Avalanche LT Z71 aka: WhiteWolf, or 1972 Chevy Custom10 P/U aka: SnarlingWolf
    Spokane, Wa.
    Eric aka: Lone Wolf  

• Options
    Smullis7Smullis7 Member Posts: 221
    I've seen several people recommend UltimateCG, but I can't find that one in the Apple store (iPhone).  Is there another name, or is this just an Android app?
    Sheila and the Mullis Pups (Winston, Morgan, Leroy & Dakota)
    M@bel M@y, my 2017 T@B Outback Max S (silver w/black trim), towed by Maude Myrtle, my 2016 Jeep Rubicon Hardrock.

• Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Glad your safe/sound Verna - Heard the tornado report just a few minutes ago.
  • Options
    NomadNomad Member Posts: 7,209
    Smullis7 - Icon looks like this...

• Options
    GregorioGregorio Member Posts: 18
    edited August 2016
    Not a camping app, but a great camping website to use prior to heading out. All you have to do is click on the State and all good information pops up.  I hope you like it as much as I do: http://www.rv-camping.org
    Spokane, WA (LG Forum Moderator)
    2011 6-Wide Sport