Options

Daddy/daughter trip: Help with AC

Hello, 

Prepping for a daddy/daughter trip to Mesa Verde, and the AC (Elwell Air 8, 2020 Tab 400) is exhibiting some trouble signs right now. The original repair recommended by nucamp has already been completed (mesh installed). 

I'm having two problems - 
1 - The air temp isn't reading accurate. It reads probably 20 degrees low, and then when I lower the temp to get the AC to run, then the temp reading skyrockets quickly. Where is this temp sensor? My concern is that the camper will heat up while we are sleeping and I'll have to keep getting up to trigger the AC to run again. Any thoughts?

2 - At one point I saw an e16 code blinking, but I can't find anything on that. I was wondering if the system still isn't evacuating enough heat, so I'm toying with the idea of taking some temp materials and duct tape to rig something up to re-route the heat for the three days we are there. Suggestions there? 

Thank you so much!

Comments

• Options
    tepe50tepe50 Member Posts: 37
    edited May 2020
     Contact your dealer to put a warranty claim in for the ac. My awesome dealer has been pushing to get mine fixed. They contacted Elwell yesterday morning to see what was going on. Elwel got in touch with me in the afternoon and more or less said they are going to be relocating the temperature sensor to a more appropriate location because right now it is down in the ac. But it won't be ready until middle of June. That's why you get the temperature differential because it's picking up the air temperature in the lower compartment not at the control panel. It's funny that you got the E 16 code because I was testing it the day before yesterday and a code popped up also which is a frozen coil. Hopefully the new wiring harness will fix the this issue.This is the short version of the story. 
    2020 tab 400 BDL & 2013 siver shadow 5x10