Options

Northern Breeze fan cuts out intermittently on Dutchmen T@b

Sorry for the barrage of posts, but this weekend I'll be spending four days by myself with time to tinker with my 2006 Dutchmen T@b, and I'm trying to gather whatever information I can before the weekend so I have time to pick up parts if necessary (and possible). 

I had my T@b inspected and maintained about a month ago at my local dealer, which included a repair that required the shop to temporarily remove the ceiling vent fan. Since then, the fan seems to go on and off intermittently, but only when it is blowing out, not in. I can hear it click on and off, so I wanted to check if anyone was aware of a simple explanation for why this behavior might be happening.

Thanks! 
Matt
Appleton, Wisconsin
2006 Dutchmen T@B ("Fuego")
TV: 2007 Nissan Pathfinder

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,685
    edited June 2020
    On the Fantastic fans there is a switch the prevents the fan from working unless the hatch cover above it is clear.  Does your fan have the same type of switch?  The cover might be "bouncing" against the switch. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    mdomb529mdomb529 Member Posts: 39
    I'm not sure if it does, but that's a possibility and would be a reasonable explanation of the described behavior.  I'll check it out.  Thanks!
    Matt
    Appleton, Wisconsin
    2006 Dutchmen T@B ("Fuego")
    TV: 2007 Nissan Pathfinder
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Also, there is a knob that switches between "in" and "out". If it is not exactly centered on in or out, it will cut out, because there is a circuit to stop the fan when you switch from in to out (or back)
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL