Options

Fridge operation when the TAB is not level

IntrinsicIntrinsic Member Posts: 15
I want to pre-chill the fridge in my TAB 400, by running on shore power, while hitched to the TV in the driveway.  Our drive is pitched to the street, so the TAB is not level when it is connected to the TV. 

How far can the TAB be off of level and the fridge still operate correctly?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    HomebodyatheartHomebodyatheart Member Posts: 2,497
    @Intrinsic which fridge model do you own, and is it two or three way? What are you trying to run it on, shore power or propane? With the correct information we can give you a much better answer. Thanks!
    2017 T@B 320 Max S silver and cherry red, L@dybug ("Bug" aka my esc@pe pod), TV 2015 Toyota Highlander aka Big Red
  • Options
    IntrinsicIntrinsic Member Posts: 15
    Its a TAB 400, with 2 way, 110 v and 12v operation.  I will be using 110v shore power for pre-cooling in my driveway.  I want to see if I can leave the TAB and TV connected, so that in the morning I only have to disconnect the shore power, connect the 12V TV connection and we are ready to depart.

Thanks
  • Options
    falcon1970falcon1970 Member Posts: 756
    edited June 2020
    @Intrinsic
    The 12vdc fridge does not have any requirement to be level as does a propane powered fridge.  Unless your driveway is seriously steep (my uncle had a driveway that I swear was pitched at 45 degrees) you should have no problem.

Unless of course you bought my uncle's house!  Then, problem.