Options

Update/Resolved: Water Everywhere Front Dinette T@B 400 !!

2»

Comments

• Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    Dona said:
    @TNOutback thank you so much for this post and photos.  We bought a 2019 Tab 400 and on a gently raining day (no wind) I had the front window in the locked vent position.  Water streamed down the wall and soaked my dinette cushion.  I latched the window and the leak stopped.

you say you did a temporary repair, and I’m wondering if you did a permanent repair at some point, and what did that entail?  Hoping to avoid taking it to our RV place if I can fix it myself.  Thanks!
    @Dona I had some other warranty work to be done, so our camper went back home to NüCamp a few months ago and that was on the list for repair.  I can’t tell you what they did to it, but it no longer leaks.
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    edited December 2020
    Just as an FYI to anyone with similar issues.  I had a leak on the front window near the passenger side.  I noticed the cushion had a small amount of water on it near the wall.  I pulled the cushion up and could see that water was running in that area.  The repair shop couldn’t find the leak but did caulk some.  The leak was still there this fall after a rain event so I investigated this again.  I found a slight bend or indentation in the rubber window seal around the window frame in that location that led me to believe that this was the problem area.  I used some silicone in this area and am convinced that this was the issue and will find out soon as we will be heading west.  I’ll just add that these small things can be very irritating and troubling, but with a little persistence and patience you can resolve them easily.  
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    Me too. I've had to adjust the front closure offsets several times, and add extra sealing strips to prevent leaks, just to have a good seal all the way around the window. So now I try not to open the front window anymore. My leaks have always been when driving in the rain though. I've gotten in the habit of pulling over after 5 minutes driving in heavy rain to make sure I still have a good seal.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    mjwaldnermjwaldner Member Posts: 44
    We have this same problem. The water is getting through the T-Track and building up behind the gasket until you get enough weight that all of it pours out at one time onto the table. It's a surprise when you're enjoying a nice rainy day with the window open sipping coffee. 
    2021 400 BD / 2019 Honda Passport Elite / Nashville, TN