Options

"Lego" Style Levelers

I am new at this backing up, leveling stuff. I have a set of "Lego" style leveler blocks, but I honestly don't know how to use them. So, say, I back into a spot and the left side is not level. Do I put the levelers behind the left T@B wheel and then back up onto them without unhitching the T@B?

Thanks,
Beth, 2013 Subaru Forester, 2014 T@B S M@xx
Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)

Comments

• Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Yup, that is just what you would do.

You may also want to take a look at the leveler BAL makes. You basically slide it under the wheel on the lower side and crank it up, lifting the wheel to level it. I hear it works well with smaller trailers like our's.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Another tip that will work with your T@B and that worked well for me on my Little Guy was to install the stick-on or permanently mounted leveling bars either inside or outside your trailer. I mounted them inside my trailer after leveling up my trailer out in my driveway. Once you attain a level position and mount a nice leveling device it becomes a snap when you arrive at any campsite.

This video also gives some decent and usable tips and advice on leveling trailers and how best to use your jacks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uij_QTGSNE
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ
  • Options
    WanderooWanderoo Member Posts: 553
    Thanks for the link to the video, Mike. One of my biggest fears of being a "newbie" is looking stupid as I am learning how to do everything. I am a visual learner, and being able to see how this is done is reassurance that I am doing it correctly. :\">
    Beth, 2013 Subaru Forester, 2014 T@B S M@xx
    Beth, 2015 Toyota Tacoma (Ramblin' Rose), 2014 T@B S M@xx (ClemenT@B)
  • Options
    CyclonicCyclonic Member Posts: 1,232
    Have no fear, EVERYBODY was there at one point or another. I was there last year!

You will find that most folks in a campground will be happy to help, be it help with backing in or leveling or setting up camp. People want to share their knowledge, whether they camp in a tent or a big class A Provost.

States the T@Bpole has camped, so far ;)
    Nathan & Becky... 2013 Ford F150 FX4 TAB HLR... 2012 LG T@B T@Bpole.
    Sterling, VA
  • Options
    Michigan_MikeMichigan_Mike Member Posts: 2,861
    Great tip Sandra and I might have to look into a pair of the bubble levelers.
    Mike - Elmira, Mi / 2019 T@B 400 / 2021 Chevy Silverado LTZ