Options

Differentiate black and gray water tank valves

This past weekend we had our maiden voyage in our 2020 T@b 320s. The first night was boondocking and the second night was at a state park with water and electric hookups. All went well, and when we were leaving we went to the park dump station. I had heard that I should dump black first followed by gray, but... both handles are black! And of course I’ve forgotten which was which. Everything got emptied but I still want to know which is which. 

One handle says sewer, and it is the smaller pipe. The other is the much larger pipe. For the life of me I cannot find a diagram with labels. Can anyone help me out?  Thanks, this forum has been wonderful!
2020 T@b 320 S BD Edge,
2018 Toyota 4Runner 
Bowdoinham, Maine

Comments

• Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    edited June 2020
    @Keagriver, unless something changed between the 2019 model (mine) and the 2020 (yours), the larger drain pipe in the lower right corner of the below photo is connected to the black water holding tank.  The valve for that pipe pulls straight out toward you.

The gray water drain pipe is smaller (i.e., smaller diameter), because the gray water tank generally/primarily only holds dirty sink and shower water.  It sits further back and the valve pulls outward to your left, toward the front of the trailer and under the Boondock platform.  (My trailer is in storage, so I can't check it right now, but I believe that my gray tank valve handle is gray.  It appears to be gray in the photo below.)

2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    KeagriverKeagriver Member Posts: 18
    Bayliss said:
    @Keagriver, unless something changed between the 2019 model (mine) and the 2020 (yours), the larger drain pipe in the lower right corner of the below photo is connected to the black water holding tank.  The valve for that pulls straight out toward you.

The gray water drain pipe is smaller (i.e., smaller diameter), because the gray water tank generally/primarily only holds dirty sink and shower water.  It sits further back and the valve pulls outward to your left, toward the front of the trailer and under the Boondock platform.

Thanks, that’s exactly what I was looking for. Thank you so much!
    2020 T@b 320 S BD Edge,
    2018 Toyota 4Runner 
    Bowdoinham, Maine