Options

Alde Fuse Holder Replacement

About a month ago, someone on the FB page dropped the Alde fuse holder in the abyss behind the boiler.  They happened to have the part number for the fuse assembly, and with that number I was able to find the part number for the fuse holder.
Search for PTF-7 Fuse holder.
What you will get is the entire assembly: the fuse holder that is attached to the Alde board, and the fuse "carrier" that we all know and love and drop. There were plenty of vendors, so I found an Ebay seller who sold me two for 6 dollars or so. I had paid 18 dollars for three from Nucamp back in early 2019. Took five weeks to get here with various pandemic/customs delays.  When ordering in bulk, note that a price for 50 would be 25 of the holder and 25 of the carriers.
Whenever we get back to group gatherings, this would be a nice item to hand out to owners as a door prize or whatever. The green one is the Ebay item I purchased, and you can see it slots right into the holder in the Alde.

2017 Outback
Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi

Comments

• Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,599
    Good to know information, thanks.
    Since the introduction of the model 3020HE forum chatter (as in far fewer fuse discussions) suggests Alde's removal of the ground side fuse has nearly eliminated Alde fuse Failures. Of course still important to turn Alde off at the panel before disconnecting Shore or Battery power.
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+