Separating cushions 2018 320s

2manyplaces2manyplaces Member Posts: 20
I would like to cut the fabric between the back  and seat cushions on the side benches. Then there will more room and we can sleep on the benches.
Has anyone done this and if so is there any problem ?
2018 320S
Vancouver Island.

Comments

• MarkAlMarkAl Member Posts: 455
    We just tried this on one side and I'm good with it but my wife would like a little more space. Someone posted cutting this and velcroing the pieces, we haven't done that yet and may not as they stay in the seating configuration without the straps. We're still experimenting. I'm thinking of changing the one back cushion into two and only using one with our pullout (on the 2021) to get a little more bed space and still have room for the two of us to get out to the side. I was also hoping the smaller piece would be easier to store at night. This may also allow the table to stay in place as a night stand. We both dislike crawling over the feet or each other to get out of bed.
    Snohomish WA, 2015 Diesel Grand Cherokee
    Sm@ll World: 2021 320S Boondock, 6V Pb-acid
    Shunt, Roof & Remote solar & 30A DC-DC Chargers
    managed by VE Smart Network
  • MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,497
    I would like to cut the fabric between the back  and seat cushions on the side benches. Then there will more room and we can sleep on the benches.
    Has anyone done this and if so is there any problem ?
    It’s one of the first things I did when I bought my T@B 3+ years ago and I don’t have any regrets. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • 2manyplaces2manyplaces Member Posts: 20
    Thank you both of you, Marceline and MarkAl. I think our configuration on the 2018 is different from the 2021 Bookdock . I will cut the cushions free though !!!!
    2018 320S
    Vancouver Island.