Options

No sound on TV

Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
Just new to T@B and we are having trouble getting any volume on the TV on our 2020  T@B 320.  We have one Jensen remote that  is communicating with the stereo but not with the TV. Is there supposed to be another remote for the TV?  We have video but no audio. There is no paperwork for the stereo in our owners manual so I am having trouble even knowing what system it is. Any suggestions on what I might try?
Kr@cken
2020 T@B 320 Boondock
Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
Clueless about everything electronic
2020 Subaru Ascent 
Bainbridge Island, Wa

Comments

• Options
    SubaruLouSubaruLou Member Posts: 119
    Yes, there are two remotes. One is from the TV and the other from the stereo. I was having trouble the first few times I tried to watch a movie that the volume was low and even though it looked like the volume was going up, it never got loud enough to hear over the AC. Then on my last trip, I pulled out the second remote and tried the volume on that. I think that was the small stereo remote. Once I increased the volume on that one, I was able to operate the TV volume normally on the larger remote. Hope this helps! 
    2019 T@B 320 S  |  2019 Subaru Ascent
  • Options
    warbler_roadwarbler_road Member Posts: 83
    Not completely on topic, but I believe the Jensen wall stereo has an HDMI ARC mode, which should send TV audio back along the HDMI cable from the TV, to play audio over your speaker system. Haven't tried it yet, though, since the TV reception has been horrible everywhere we've been. 
    • Virginia
    • 2020 T@B 400
    • 2018 Tacoma SR V6 3.5L
  • Options
    Thanks! That explains it. I was connecting my Apple TV to the HDMI input on the TV. Picture was great. I didn’t realize the TV sound was wired through the stereo.Thanks for the help.
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @j@ydub, if necessary, or if you want to bypass the audio through the Jensen stereo system (which uses the wall speakers), you can open the TV functions menu ("MENU" button on the TV remote), click on the "Audio" function and navigate down to "TV Speaker," which is where you can turn the TV's internal speaker "on" or "off."
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    That worked!! Thanks so much. I have sound! So thankful for my fellow T@bber’s.
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    BaylissBayliss Member Posts: 1,299
    @j@ydub, just remember that if you want to revert back to receiving the TV sound through the external speakers (via the stereo HDMI connection), you will need to go back to the TV audio setting and turn the TV speaker "off."  Enjoy the show! 
    2019 T@B 320 S Boondock Lite2007 Toyota Tundra 4x4
    (Alde: 3020; Refrig: Isotherm Cruise 65 Eleg; Battery: BB 100Ah LiFePo4; Solar: Renogy 100Ah Suitcase; Victron BMV-712; Pwr Cntr: PD-4135KW2B; EMS: PI-HW30C)
    Greg & Marlene (Tucson, AZ)

• Options
    rcarlson1957rcarlson1957 Member Posts: 180
    Any thoughts on where to mount Apple TV and plug in?
    2018 TAB 320S Silver/Black w/Dandelions
    2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL (AWD) Lunar Silver Metallic
    Rick and Barbara - North Texas 
    More Smiles Per Mile! B)
    Enjoy doing and sharing mods
  • Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    Any thoughts on where to mount Apple TV and plug in?
    Nowhere, get a fire stick! 😄
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL
  • Options
    HoriganHorigan Member Posts: 611
    You can watch video on the TV via the Apple HDMI connector and send the audio to the stereo via Bluetooth, assuming your 320 has a Bluetooth stereo.  Then you don't have to turn the TV speaker on and off.  If you are getting video, but no audio, try directing the audio to the T@b stereo via another app, like Pandora or Apple Music, then switch to the video on your phone.  Took me a while to figure out this last step.
    Rich
    2019 T@b 400
    2013 Toyota Highlander 3.5L V6
    Bellingham WA