Options

Inaugural trip - Seaquest state park, Wash.

TtownTtown Member Posts: 4
State parks in Washington just recently began allowing reserved camping so we found a state park just a couple hours away for our first ever RV trip and first in our new to us T@b 320. 

We learned alot and kept a running list of all the little things we plan to bring or do differently on our next trip. For one thing, I never knew how nice a pull through site could be! 
Seaquest was a great first park for us. It has views of Mt St Helen's, when the clouds clear up. It has several spaces for larger RVs but our small trailer fit in a smaller camp site, which was definitely nicer. We did not,  however, get a site with water and power hookups. There were several small campsites with hookups, but I did not know to look for those when I made the reservation. Lesson learned!

We met another t@b owner who was very accommodating and let us see the inside of their 400. 

Our battery held up fine though I still plan to use a portable solar panel on our next trip. About the only aspect I dreaded was emptying the black and grey water tanks! Ugh! But it was alot easier than I thought it would be. There was an easily accessed dump station right near the exit. We were done in less than 10 minutes.
Anyway, if you're driving through Washington this is a good stop and not far from I-5. Though Baxter was definitely ready for home when our short trip was over.