Options

400 3 way fridge exhaust fan - silent?

In my 2019 Tab 400 when I turn on the button above the 3 way fridge that supposedly runs an exhaust fan I hear absolutely no noise.  Is this normal?  Can anyone else confirm they also cannot hear anything running when this is turned on?
2020 T@B 400 BDL    2019 Silverado 5.3L V8
Chili, NY

Comments

• Options
    grubbstergrubbster Member Posts: 114
    Correct.  I hear no fan noise when that switch is on.  The only time that has to be on is when running on 12V.
    2023 F-150 Powerboost hybrid
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    ecstaticecstatic Member Posts: 65
    edited July 2020
    grubbster said:
    Correct.  I hear no fan noise when that switch is on.  The only time that has to be on is when running on 12V.
    Oh, I did not know that, I figured it was just for overall cooling.  Actually I think my dealer told me it was only needef for propane.

Do you know what is different about the 12V that would make the fan necessary?  I only run mine on 120v AC or propane so if that's the case I guess I can leave this switch off.
    Chili, NY
  • Options
    grubbstergrubbster Member Posts: 114
    I don't know what the difference is, but I do know that it will not run on 12V without that switch on.  I don't think it matters one way or the other with propane or electric.  I don't like it on just because the light bugs me.
    2023 F-150 Powerboost hybrid
    2019 T@B 400 Boondock
  • Options
    ecstaticecstatic Member Posts: 65
    grubbster said:
    I don't know what the difference is, but I do know that it will not run on 12V without that switch on.  I don't think it matters one way or the other with propane or electric.  I don't like it on just because the light bugs me.
    I hear you.  I covered the LED with a very small piece of electric tape.  Just small enough that I can see a sliver to tell if it's on but I don't see it when I'm trying to sleep.
    Chili, NY
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited July 2020
    I do believe it is for overall cooling - at least it should be, no matter what mode you are operating in.  When we had our old travel trailer and before that the pop up , I installed a circulation fan to pull the air through the outside refrigerator vents. Without the fan, those vents depend upon natural convection to move air across the fins, and when it was hot weather, the refrigerator performance suffered since there was not much temperature delta to move the air on its own.  Running the fan during hot weather improved the air circulation and helped reduce the refrigerator temps during hot weather.  I would only use it during hot weather.