Options

Cool Cat leaking water from pan - 2009 Dutchman T@B

JeffRJeffR Member Posts: 3
My 2009 T@B has a Duo-Therm Cool Cat self contained AC as well as a heat pump model 41001.511. June 2020 we camped in the Mountains at an elevation of approx 6000 feet. It was warm and we used the AC. On day 3 after the AC was on for several hours we noticed water leaking out of the bottom of the cabinet where the AC is. It was a bead of water the length of the cabinet. After inspection I believe the AC iced up and apparently the catch pan is not intact? Did not see any signs of water from the outside where condensation should be? We have only used the AC 4 or 5 times over the years!? No idea why it would freeze and leak on the inside! Any input would be great! 

Titled edited for search purposes.

Comments

• Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    You might have to make sure you are pointed toward the condensation drain slightly toward the driver side and front.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,495
    edited July 2020
    @JeffR - the same thing happens with the TaBs with the wall A/C units - the water overflows the pan before hitting the drain.  That is why you didn’t see anything coming from the drain.  As Carol suggested, tilt the tongue slightly down and level a tad lower on the driver side to get the condensate to drain.  We find that just lowering our CSS tongue does the trick.
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    JeffRJeffR Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the input! I did lower the tongue and down on the left while this was happening. Still didn't get any drainage in the proper direction. There was visible ice on the bottom of the coils. Small slivers of ice but ice non the less. 
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    You will probably need to let it defrost
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    CRETBOCRETBO Member Posts: 25
         Have a 2005 TAB Dutchman(like 320) ....we rebuilt the floor, Sharon is correct .... make sure the camper is slightly tilted towards the driver side and lower the tongue so it drains properly.   I'm sure many a wood floor was soft due to A/C drain overflowing the pan  and not draining properly ... Put in a new Azdel flooring bottom and top with 1" pink foam insulation in-between.   Also added a rock guard to the front that goes over the lip underneath front ... Another poor design as it definitely leaked from their also. Good to go now .... 

Bob  
    2005 T@B Dutchman
    2019 Tacoma