Options

Alde draining when pump runs?? - Resolved.

dlpatrickdlpatrick Member Posts: 2
Newbie needs help please! 2018 320S Outback. Trying to test Alde for the first time to make sure I get hot water. Haven’t even turned on the Alde yet... Filled fresh tank 75%. When I turn on the pump water flows out below the (yellow flapper) safety valve (drain D in the pics). With pump running I’ve opened sink and shower valves one at a time to expel air, water keeps draining from safety valve. Turn off the pump, water quits draining. Without pump running I’ve opened the yellow safety valve (no water drains) and closed again (several times). Pump on again, water pours out. What am I doing wrong?

Later while filling tank again I heard water dripping from the very back of the trailer. Water came out to the right (passenger side) of the license plate! It quit when I quit filling (fresh tank now 88%). With pump on, water drain from safety valve. Looking for help and thank you.
2018 T@B 320S Outback (white/black) towed by a white 2013 Nissan Murano 
; Westlake, OH

Comments

• Options
    Sharon_is_SAMSharon_is_SAM Administrator Posts: 9,510
    That valve drains the Alde, but should drain independent of the pump.  Just to make sure, did you disconnect from city water before running the pump?  Did you use a pressure regulator?  To fill the Alde tank you need to either connect to city water or run the pump and open a hot water faucet until it no longer sputters which it sounds like you did that, but no water drains when you open the yellow valve.  Is the Alde still bypassed?
    Sharon / 2017 T@B CSS / 2015 Toyota Sienna Minivan / Westlake, Ohio
  • Options
    Turn on the Alde and heat the water.  Then open a hot tap.  Is it hot or cold?
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    And the solution is?.......
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    dlpatrickdlpatrick Member Posts: 2
    All good! Lesson learned: Don’t push the yellow safety valve ALL the way down toward the floor to close it. There’s a stop/click when the lever is parallel with the floor. That’s closed! All the way down is open again! So relieved there wasn’t a problem, only a new owner learning the ropes. And I now have hot water! Thank you to Sharon_is_ SAM for troubleshooting with me. And I learned she lives two miles away. Hope to meet you one day!
    2018 T@B 320S Outback (white/black) towed by a white 2013 Nissan Murano 
    ; Westlake, OH
  • Options
    Yeah - we all learned something here.  Now to inquire about the bumper leak.  
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Great news! I heard you two were neighbors and Sharon is a wonderful friend to have!  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”