Options

Dimensions of 2021 T@b 400

tinitini Member Posts: 6
I would have found it helpful if I could have known dimensions of storage areas before our T@b 400 was delivered so that I could start shopping for storage baskets, etc.  Now that we have our T@b, I want to share this info to help others:

CLOSET - We opted to put in drawers in order to store more clothes.  The Sterilite WEAVE 3 drawer unit is 20" wide x 32" high x 19" deep.  By not putting the legs on the unit, and by removing the closet's hanging rod, we were just able to fit it in the closet.  We now have 3 nice deep drawers in there, and the door still shuts & locks. There is still a bit of room left on top to store a few shoes & sandals as well.  This is the unit I'd recommend.  It costs a bit more than your run of the mill drawer units, but the plastic is definitely heavier, and it has little wheels that help it roll in & out smoothly.  The drawers can be easily removed so that you can take them into the house for packing before a trip.  (The middle drawer slightly rubs on the door latch when it's moved in & out so we may just shave a smidge off the side in that spot.)  Best price I found was at Walmart & it comes in dark brown.  I think you can get it online from other stores in a medium grey as well.

DRAWER UNDER CLOSET - 13 1/4" W x 17" L x 11" H 

CUBBIE UNDER THAT DRAWER - 16 1/4" W x 14 1/4" L x 12 1/2" H

ROUND CABINET IN GALLEY - 19" diameter  (top shelf 15 1/2" H)  (bottom 11 1/2" H)

TOP GALLEY DRAWER - 15 1/2" W  x 16 3/4" L" L X 5 1/2" D (plastic silverware/utensil bin fits into it & measures 11"W x 17" L x 2 1/2 " D, leaving a space underneath of 3" D.  Space to left of plastic bin - 4 1/4" W x 17 1/2" L x 5 1/2" H

LOWER GALLEY DRAWER - 15 1/2" W x 16 3/4" L x 17" H

LARGE OVERHEAD BIN (WHERE MICRO WOULD HAVE GONE) - 18 3/4" W X12 1/2" L  13 1/2" H  (I found some nice heavy plastic tall, narrow bins at Target that fit well there and will allow the high vertical space to be well-utilized when packing food)

SMALLER OVERHEAD BIN - 12 1/4" W x 12 1/2 " L x 11 3/4" H

OVERHEAD CUBBIE - won't really accommodate a bin of any kind but is a good place to put bags of chips or extra clothing

SPACE BETWEEN SINK & STOVE - 10" W x 20 1/3 " deep

SPACE TO RIGHT OF STOVE -  9 1/2" W x 20 1/4" deep

FRIG - 14 1/4" W x 2" deep; has storage on door; has freezer 7"W x 8 1/2" deep (which takes up space in the frig & isn't removable)

DRAWER UNDER FRIG - 15 1/2" W x 11" deep x 7" H

STORAGE UNDER RIGHT BENCH - 14: W x 12 1/2" L x 9" H (not easily accessible: must remove seat & both back cushions to open it.  A door facing out would have made it easier to use.)

HIGH CUBBIES AROUND 3 SIDES OF DINETTE - nice large space for books & games, etc.  Gets very hot, so don't store food there.

LONG SHELF AT FOOT OF BED (continuation of galley counter)
STORAGE UNDER RV QUEEN BED - 21" W x 26" L x 12 1/2" H - very difficult to access if you keep bed made up with sheets/blankets & bed spread  (I wish the designers had reinforced that front edge of the bed so a door or drawer could have been put there to better utilize this great space. I consider this a huge design flaw.)
CUBBIE NEXT TO BED - 10" L x 5 3/4" deep x 13" H  (would work well for a CPAP since there are outlets inside the cubbie)

BATHROOM - 20" X 30" rug fits in front of sink.  (Without a rug the floor gets really dirty fast)     Has 2 large hooks for towels/clothes.  Nice fabric shower curtain with hooks to keep cubbies & door dry.

BOTTOM BATHROOM CUBBIE - 27" L x 5 3/4" W x 10" H
TOP BATHROOM CUBBIE - 39" L x 12" W x 6" H

2 DINETTE SEATS - Seats 2 adults & 1 kid    (Makes into a kid bed 38" L x 24" W   Is an irregular shape so fitted sheet likely won't work)
DINETTE TABLE - rounded & approx 38" L x 24" w

Space inside door will accommodate a rug 21 1/2" W  (Ours is a 20" x 30" rug)

When door is open & screen door pulled across you can't quickly access the fire extinguisher or the small trash bin on the door.  I found
I had to buy a small lidded garbage can to keep on the floor near the kitchen end of the long bench.  There's really no other place for it.

I hope all of this info will make it easier for people who are waiting for their T@b 400 to be produced but are anxious to get started outfitting it.

Comments