Options

Best Gray Sealant

Hi, I'm switching out all the white plastic service components on my gray sided T@b 400 with black components. The caulk on there now is a medium gray color. Nucamp told me what kind it is, but I found out it's only sold to RV manufacturers, so now I'm searching for a different sealant. I prefer gray if I can find it. Any suggestions on brands?

Comments

• Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    It may be the wrong stuff, but I use a light gray DAP Dynaflex Ultra.  Says it resists UV fading and cracking, will stay flexible for 1000 years.  But it is a lighter gray.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    B0atguyB0atguy Member Posts: 186
    The best ? - Sikaflex 221 , aluminum grey . Think the Sika part number is 017-90892 . It is adhesive sealant , so it will seal very well, and also act as an adhesive . This stuff will stick stuff so well, you wont need the screws ,lol . 

As an alternative , you can just go into the local auto parts store and get some "Ultra Grey" Permatex RTV sealant . Great sealant, and not as "permanant" as the Sikaflex (prob a good thing!) . 

HTH , good luck !  
    2023 Ford F150 Sport 3.5 Ecoboost 
    2024 NuCamp T@B 400 BD,  Grey / White 
    2016 Ford Transit 350 XLT - Adventure / Travel Van / 320s interior !
    2019 NuCamp T@B 320s Grey / Black - SOLD 

• Options
    Thanks!!! I dont think I really need the adhesive aspect in my case but I will take a look at all the recommendations! 
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    I had painted the fridge vent gloss black when I did the GeoMars fridge drawer mod, just to protect the plastic from the sun, and was struck with how much better it looks, even with silver colored trim T@Bs.  And the spray paint adheres very well to that surface.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    I actually found all the parts in black for surprisingly reasonable prices. Well, I couldnt find the black metal a/c vent cover but I expect it will paint nicely.