Options

2021 320S Bed Extension Idea

I'm wondering if the passenger side sleeping surface could be extended by using one, or both, of the cushions that you need to remove when converting dinette to sleep mode (the ones with the little angle on top).

I've seen pic of the "tall  guy" fix using a small table to extend the head of the bed towards the fridge.  Goal would be to make or use a small table in between bench and fridge, stack one of two of the removed cushions on top, and viola, a continuously level surface where this tall guy could lay his pillow and head.

My questions (since I don't own one yet, but I'm renting one soon)
- what is the height of the seats, floor to top of the wood (no cushion height)?
- what is the cushion height?
- would the removed cushions fit horizontally in between bench and fridge?

Thanks for any measurements or thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    mrdeepfryguymrdeepfryguy Member Posts: 73
    @zanth. .. I just did this mod this weekend ! Camper is in storage but I’ll send pics Thursday. Dimensions of stool I made was about 15 in high, 12 inch from dinette base toward frig, and about 19 in long. One cushion fits on the stool , and the frig can still open enough to get a drink and the bathroom door barely opens but it works. Also can sit on stool with cushion and even use stovetop for food prep while sitting. Put Velcro strips on top of stool to match placement on the side cushion. Cushion is very comfortable extension for the passenger side bed area, improves the situation. Made in my woodshop out of one half inch thick birch plywood piece 24/48 inches frown Lowe’s.
    2021 320 S Boondock / 2018 Toyota 4Runner / NE Ohio
  • Options
    zanthzanth Member Posts: 8
    @mrdeepfryguy Good to know one of those cushions fits while still allowing access.  The velcro sounds like a brilliant touch.  Looking forward to a pic or two.