Options

Jensen

Zstallbaumer13Zstallbaumer13 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2020 in Trailer & Towing
Hey y’all I just got a camper with a Jensen JWM90A and it will not let me connect to Bluetooth. I push down and hold the BT button like the book says but the count down never starts it just says “unavailable Bluetooth”. Any ideas?? 

Comments

• Options
    Dutch061Dutch061 Member Posts: 765
    The Jensen Bluetooth app is marginal at best. I messed around for a long time with this in our 2020 400 BDL and finally dumped the app and forgot about it. I was initially drawn to go through this because of the streaming etc.

If you get it to connect, my experience is that it won't reconnect. You end up re-pairing, removing, just plain messing around. Or in the days of my youth, "like a snowmobile, 2 hours of tinkering for 10 minutes of use". It was causing me to be unhappy which is the exact opposite of the reason we camp.

Brad

2020 400 BDL aka "Boonie"
    2022 Black Series HQ19 aka "Cricket"
    2021 F-250 Tremor with PSD aka "Big Blue"
    Concord, NC 
  • Options
    qhumberdqhumberd Member Posts: 470
    I would call the ASA electronics tech line. They are very responsive and helpful. They talked me thru a couple of reset procedures on the CD/DVD side of my Jensen.

PH: 800-688-3135

2019  T@B400 Boondock Lite "Todd"

2016 Toyota Tundra 5.7 Crew Cab
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    There are a number of discussions here on the forum concerning the Jensen. Search for Jensen in the search box, upper right corner of this page.  
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    JP2558JP2558 Member Posts: 219
    My JWM6A lost its connection last week, and I had to unplug from shore power before I could successfully re-pair it. That’s another reason to install a LED kill switch, so I don’t have to shut down everything to reboot the system.

Thanks, Jerry 

2019 Honda Pilot AWD and 2018 T@B 320-CS hanging out on the left edge of Lake Erie.
  • Options
    morey000morey000 Member Posts: 155
    JP2558 said:
    My JWM6A lost its connection last week, and I had to unplug from shore power before I could successfully re-pair it. That’s another reason to install a LED kill switch, so I don’t have to shut down everything to reboot the system.
    ^^^  Exactly.  The Bluetooth pairing was always hit and miss.  But ever since I installed the separate power switch- every time I turn the Jenson back on... it's paired.  That switch solved 3 problems
    1. wasted parasitic drain
    2. the 'dashboard' illumination at night when sleeping
    3. bluetooth pairing problems are all fixed
    Silver on Silver, 320S '19 Outback Lite