Options

The LED dome light on the ceiling, outside of the shower, near the front

In my 14 S, there is a small LED light with a frosted glass (glass! Cool!) Lens that comes on when you turn on the "main light switch" located under the cabinets over the stove near the front door. That same switch turns on a small row of leds in a bar shaped light nestled under the cabinets.

I am going to try to find a way to mute that dome light, or it would be great if it had an on/off switch like the light in the bathroom. The problem? TOO bright... ...and the little led light over the stove would be sufficient for more mellow mood lighting.

I should provide a photo... I'll take one tomorrow.
LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 

Comments

• Options
    CorfuCorfu Member Posts: 51
    Just picked up mine yesterday. The kitchen light bar has it's own off/low/high switch on the bar itself and it not switched with the main cabin light.
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    XPADREXXPADREX Member Posts: 311
    That might be a change. I'll double check, but mine (built in 12/13 or 1/14) is a two for one deal.
    LOCATION: Fort Raccoon; UNIT: 2014 T@b S M@xxxx; MISSION: To have fun, make a difference, and make some friends along the way. Organ Donor Recipient- forever grateful. 
  • Options
    I do hope I am wrong!
  • Options
    Agreed! Confirmed... no switch for the strip of LEDs separate from this roof light. Photo attached:
  • Options
    Corfu... how do you turn on this main cabin light in yours?

• Options
    Switch above the galley under the cabinets, just inside the door.
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    RebarRebar Member Posts: 29
    We noticed the same thing in our 2014QMaxx. It's kinda tacky, but a carefully folded piece of aluminum foil nestled in around the lip of the glass (YES, cool, GLASS!) did the trick. I shaped the foil to throw the light towards the upper kitchen cabinets. Not the most graceful solution, but you don't really notice it, and it makes for nice mellow lighting.
    2014 T@B Model Q - Silver/Black Towed with 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Orange) Live in Denver, Colorado "Bad decisions usually make for really good stories!"
  • Options
    I'll give it a shot. Otherwise, I'm painting it red on the inside (cl@ssy)
  • Options
    Ya know, I think that main light is too bright as well. It's given me a mod idea I may try.
    Replace the switch with a 12V LED dimer switch (you can even get a remote controlled one) and if necessary replace the bulb with a dimmable one.

XPADREX, it might not be too difficult depending on how the wires are routed for you to install a separate switch for each light.
    Steve
    Maryland
    2014 T@B S Maxx "T@BOO"
    2005 Honda Pilot
  • Options
    That's what I'm wondering... I like the option of using the main one for m@x visibility when needed, but I woyld really like the "ambience" of just the LED. I looked at the roof light, and it seems like a fixture rather than a bulb... but perhaps I was being too gentle in trying to remove that odd light source.
  • Options
    belvagillespiebelvagillespie Member Posts: 199
    Im thinking of using a fabric Jar cover to put over the fixture. I have not located what I want to use. Maybe I'll just make it myself using elastic and sheer fabric. 
    T@BbyKay, 2014 CS, S Ford Explorer
  • Options
    To Xpadrex...you are correct, it is a fixture. The glass shade twists off to reveal a small bank of tiny, but really powerful LED's.
    2014 T@B Model Q - Silver/Black Towed with 2014 Toyota FJ Cruiser (Orange) Live in Denver, Colorado "Bad decisions usually make for really good stories!"
  • Options
    We tried this little trick over the weekend, and it worked nicely. We cut a piece of colored (warm colored) fabric, and covered the dome light shade with it. We used a simple elastic hair tie to hold the cloth around the glass dome light shade. It cuts the light down significantly, is not very noticeable because the fabric is a similar color as the birch interior finish, and casts a nice warm glow into the camper. Baddaboom-baddabing! :)