Options

Solar panel on 2021 T@B400 not finding bluetooth signal on iphone

I'm trying to determine how to monitor the status of my factory installed solar.  I recently purchased a new 2021 T@B 400 with factory solar.  I tried Victron Connect several times, with iPhone.  My phone did not detect a device using bluetooth.  Does anyone with the same model T@B know if there is a special process to get the bluetooth victron signal on my phone?   Where can I find the controller, and whether it is Bluetooth enabled for monitoring?  I'm not getting much help from Nucamp or my dealer.  Thank you
2021 T@B 400, 2020 Audi Q5 
Portland, OR

Comments

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,683
    Looked around in the battery compartment?  Also, I have to be within about 20 feet of the trailer for my phone to connect. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited August 2020
    The solar controller can be in one of several places on the TaB 400, nuCamp has used several locations.  I think the on the new units it is behind the storage locker under the closet/locker under 3-way fridge (depending on which option you have), or behind the lull,out drawer u dear the closet.  It should be on the divider between that area and the rear bunk.  It is a blue box with MPPT on its front.  
    If your dealer is close enough, and has a service department, I would be taking the trailer back to them, and have their tech check to see the controller is wired correctly, and the solar panels are working properly.  The most obvious issue with the Bluetooth application not seeing the controller and linking, would be the controller is not getting power from the battery.  
    First, make sure you have battery power working in the trailer, battery disconnect switch is on, main battery circuit breaker has not tripped (both located in rear cargo area accessible by the pax side outside door, against the top left corner of back compartment wall).  Are the lights in the trailer working?
    If yes, than you have 12 volt power to the trailer.  Then follow this Victron Connect instruction: https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/victronconnect
    If still not working, then just call the dealer tel, them the solar,system is not working, if they will not give you an appointment to take the TaB in to have the Solar system checked, the. Call nuCamp Warranty Dept, and report the dealer.
    Then call nuCamp service dept and describe your issue and see what they advise to check your solar system out.  
    You have a new trailer, you have a warranty, use it.  If a dealer refused to help me, after I paid them my money, I would be camping out in their lot, with a big Sign warning other,buyers that the dealer will not providing any post sale service.  B) 
    Cheers

{Please do not call the busy service department for warranty questions. Call your dealer first.)
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    PolanskysterPolanskyster Member Posts: 46
    Thanks so much for the info. 
    Portland, OR
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Polanskyster, rather than calling the busy service department, please email tech@nucamprv.com or call them Mon - Fri 8 am to 4 pm. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    cottonmouthcottonmouth Member Posts: 91
    On my 2021 400bdl, the solar controller is behind the pull out drawer under the wardrobe. If you remove the drawer you have easy access. 
    2021 T@B 400 BDL aka Little Joe
    2019 Tundra Crewmax aka Hoss
    SE Louisiana
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Verna, thanks thanks for email link for nuCamp Tech support dept.  I did mention to contact the dealer first.
    cheers
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Denny16, that was the link to nüCamp’s tech support (tech@nucamprv.com). 

The service department is totally different, and they are really too busy to take customer how-to calls. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    OK, thanks.
    cheers
  • Options
    PolanskysterPolanskyster Member Posts: 46
    Thanks, I did get in touch with Nucamp tech support.  With their help I was able to locate and connect to the app. Crazy location in back of pull out draw as cottonmouth mentioned above.
    Portland, OR