Options

Maintenance kit

KentsbKentsb Member Posts: 67
I was reading the Nucamp manual that you can download from their website. In the manual it makes reference to a maintenance kit. My dealer gave me a starter kit but I don’t think that is the same thing. Is the 320 supposed to have a kit? I am hoping that it comes with a screwdriver to fit the square screws for the license plate. Maybe more that I am not aware of.

52 nights

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    edited August 2020
    I don’t remember reference to a maintenance kit, but mine definitely did not come with one. The square drive screwdrivers are available at pretty much any hardware store, I added them to a basic toolkit I put together, and bought spare fuses for everything listed in the Fuses for Newbies thread here on the forum. The square head screws are used everywhere on the trailer, so you definitely need those drivers.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    jgram2jgram2 Member Posts: 1,522
    @VictoriaP They’re #1 & #2, right?
    John, Judi, Guinness & OD in PDX
    T@Bit@t 2015 S Max Outback, ‘18 V6 4Runner 

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,494
    edited August 2020
    jgram2 said:
    @VictoriaP They’re #1 & #2, right?
    I ended up with S1, S2, and S3 because they came in a set, but I don’t think I’ve ever used the S3.

Edit: looking back, @Verna says it’s 2 and 3 that are used. Hmmm...
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    Correct that to be #1 & #2. 

I never found any #3’s on my 400, but I had a couple of #3’s on my 2014 T@B S Max.
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    KentsbKentsb Member Posts: 67
    On page 48 of the manual is the following “ A set of screw drivers in your maintenance kit will come in handy to adjust these”. Under the topic of Hardware Adjustments.

52 nights
  • Options
    VernaVerna Member Posts: 6,878
    @Kentsb, no maintenance kit comes with any new nüCamp camper.  The camper will have a wrench for the stabilizers and the tire lowering mechanism , if it is equipped with one. 

There are many posts here on the forum that give suggestions as to what an owner should have on their tool kit. The first item is normally the appropriate sized Robertson or square drive screw drivers. 
    Verna, Columbus, IN
    2021 T@B 320S  Boondock “The T@B”
    Towed by a white 2019 Ford F-150 4x4 Supercab, 3.5L V6 Ecoboost “The Truck”
  • Options
    nhmikenhmike Member Posts: 94
    I think the manual is suggesting you put screwdrivers in your self created tool kit.  Over time you will find your tool  kit will grow.  Though they are suggesting, I agree it implies the kit is provided.  Semantics.  My kit seems to grow every trip...
    2016 cs-s max
  • Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    @Kentsb...as I was also reading the manual last night...lol..I believe they were just suggesting what you should have with you while travelling...and yes they missed the "wonderful" Robertson screwdrivers #1 and #2... Zip ties always travel with us!...Happy reading...!
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 492
    As to the Robertson or Square screwdrivers ... I am notorious in our family for being incompetent with screws.  I found a fantastic set of Robertson/Square drivers (sizes 1, 2, 3) from Tekton on Amazon.  The handles are fantastic, ergonomic and provide great torque -- worked better than my battery powered driver for replacing the screws!  I think I might replace all my screwdrivers with similar ones.  This set of 3 was $14.55 on Amazon.

https://www.tekton.com/square-high-torque-screwdriver-sets?quantity=1&blade-finish=chrome
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    TampakayakerTampakayaker Member Posts: 554
    If you have a Harbor Freight nearby, they have this set of 6 bits for $2.79

This bit set gives you three lengths to reach square drive fasteners. Use with a drill-driver or 1/4 in. driver handle.

• Sizes: #1, #2
    • Precision tolerance S2 alloy steel construction
    • Bit length:
    2006 RAM 1500 4 door, 2016 T@B 320 MAX S 
    Tampa FL