Options

Air8 will not run off of a 15 amp circuit

jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
As an FYI, the Air8 will not run off of a 15 amp circuit. 

The good news is that is I now have family planning to install a 30 amp conmection as a part of their imminent electrical box upgrade and rewiting project.

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014

Comments

• Options
    ontheroadontheroad Member Posts: 485
    The 30 amp plug was being installed in the pole barn...thanks for the info..
    Former 2017 T@G Max XL
    2021 T@B Boondock CS-S
    2018 Nissan Pathfinder
    Ontario, Canada
  • Options
    ChrisFixChrisFix Member Posts: 725
    jkjenn said:
    As an FYI, the Air8 will not run off of a 15 amp circuit. 
    That surprises me. I can run my coolcat off a 15amp...and I thought the Air8 used significantly less energy.
    After two years of looking and considering...finally the proud owner of a 2021 T@B 400 Boondock!
    2023 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E with Redarc Trailer Brake Controller
  • Options
    TNOutbackTNOutback Member Posts: 633
    edited August 2020
    Our Air8 can run on a standard household 20A breaker (which would be rated for 16 amps).

Since they are installing you a 30A service @jkjenn, ask for water and sewer connections while they are at it!  ;)
  • Options
    jkjennjkjenn Member Posts: 6,391
    TNOutback said:

Since they are installing you a 30A service @jkjenn, ask for water and sewer connections while they are at it!  ;)
    No kidding!! Water is doable....sewer...we'll need to work on that. There doesn't appear to be a sewer cleanup anywhere on site. BUT, since the live in Ohio, the turnpike has free dumpstations every other exit, which makes it easy to dunp on my way home. 

2021 T@b 320 Boondock "Mattie Ross" | 2021 T@b Nights: 239 | Total nights in a T@b 455 | 2022 Jeep Grand Cherokee L Overland | T@b owner since 2014