Options

Dreaming of new models

13»

Comments

• Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,431
    edited March 2021
    Not a bad price Doug, has all the needed amenities, and some room inside.  But at 4500-5000 lbs, you are going to need a full size SUV or Truck to tow this thing.   

I wish RV makers would consider using a boat style galley instead of a residential looking kitchen, would be more practical in the smaller travel trailers.  Leave the full size looking residential looking kitchens for the larger rigs.
    Cheers
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    I took your advice about the weight of the Jeep Gladiator.  Purchased a 9,500lb toy hauler, but compensated for the light mass of the tow vehicle by placing 800lbs of sandbags in the back of the Gladiator bed.  It rests almost on the bump stops, but I went with a 6" rise on the hitch, so at least the trailer is level.  Tows well so far, though a bit slowly on any incline. Headed to the Colorado mountains next week!
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    MarcelineMarceline Member Posts: 1,503
    DougH said:
    I don't like the sticks & tin exterior of this model instead of Azdel or fiberglass, but what a great new concept for folks like me who want to bring a single lightweight motorcycle along...

I suggested a Sport T@B that would be kind of a mini toyhauler. Use the clamshell body but put the "regular" T@B kitchen inside. Put anchors for tie downs on the back wall and bicycle holders on the floor of the clamshell area. 
    San Francisco Bay Area
    2013 CS-S us@gi
    Battered but trusty 3.5l V6 Hyundai Santa Fe
    2015 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner Double Cab
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Doug, you should put the sand bags behind the rear axle, towards the back of the bed.  The trailer is loading the rear axle from the hitch.  Good luck, stay safe.  B) (Pls note this was posted on April 1.  
    cheers
  • Options
    DougHDougH Member Posts: 1,110
    @Denny16 Sorry, my whole comment was meant to be a humorous April 1 post.  To be even more obvious, I created a "Soot Removal" listing under Modifications and Upgrades.
    2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2021 tiny toy hauler, Austin TX
    Former steward of a 2017 T@B S Max

• Options
    edited April 2021
    OK Doug you got me,... ha ha.  Just wanted to be sure.  Happy April’s Fools Day!  ;)
    cheers
  • Options
    USSBirdUSSBird Member Posts: 66
    Back to dreams of a stretch 400.  I came across this video of the new T@B 500 on youtube.  This baby is so big, I thought it had to come out of Texas. But alas, there are no telltale signs of any longhorns. Seems the Europeans have out sized us. Video https://youtu.be/v8-8WsYj9FU

hahaha 4/1/21 to you!  The real link here:  https://youtu.be/0R--7D__SF8

2021 T@B 400 BD / 2020 Ram 1500, Northwest Arkansas
  • Options
    Yes, that is the TaB510XL, found it last year when this discussion was started.
    Cheers