Options

No red light on power cord

I read on another forum that there is a red light on the 2020 T@B 320. I see where that little light should be but as far as I can remember I have never seen it light up.There was also mention of a blue light at the other end and I am not seeing that either. Everything seems to be charging but should I be concerned about the light issue. I don’t remember reading anything about that in the manual and my intro at the dealers was no more than 15 minutes so this wasn’t mentioned. Thanks for any advice.
Kr@cken
2020 T@B 320 Boondock
Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
Clueless about everything electronic
2020 Subaru Ascent 
Bainbridge Island, Wa

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    Those LEDs do fail pretty easily. As long as you have power when you plug in the cable, I wouldn’t worry over it.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    Lil_LucyLil_Lucy Member Posts: 82
    On our 2016 T@B 320, the blue light on the plug end of the cable quit about 3 years ago. The red light on the end that plugs into the trailer is still working (knock on wood). Everything works as normal when plugged in.
    2016 T@b 320 Max-S (Silver/Red Trim) / TV: 2019 Ford Flex
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional."
  • Options
    Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    Thanks for your reassurance.
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
    Clueless about everything electronic
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa
  • Options
    PNWtabberPNWtabber Member Posts: 491
    Thanks for this thread!  I just plugged in at home.  Dogbone and surge suppressor lights are on, but, for the first time, the red light on the power cable did not come on.  I turned on the battery disconnect switch and the monitor instantly jumped up from 12.6 to over 13, so I assume all is well.  **gulp**  :#
    2018 T@B 320 S Boondock  |  2015.5 Volvo XC60 T6 AWD  |  Seattle, WA, USA
    "Blessed are the curious, for they shall have adventures.”― Lovelle Drachman

• Options
    pthomas745pthomas745 Moderator Posts: 3,650
    Whenever you plug a power cable in, or connect a solar panel to the battery, the little monitor inside the trailer will jump into the "13V" range to indicate charging is taking place.  So, yes, your charging is working. 
    2017 Outback
    Towed by 2014 Touareg TDi
  • Options
    fmcnuttfmcnutt Member Posts: 3
    Call me AR but, not too often: butt, I would like to replace that red light. I find it handy for what I believe is the very reason it is there - to confirm power is at the plug, at the plug. Savvy?  
  • Options
    MuttonChopsMuttonChops Member Posts: 1,594
    fmcnutt said:
    Call me AR but, not too often: butt, I would like to replace that red light. . . .  

LOL,   :p:)

Those RV-30Amp-Power-Cables tend to have molded rubber(?) housings.
    Your best options are to:
    1 ] - - Ignore the dead LED
    2 ] - - Find a different "power on" indicator for your "" AR ""
    '18 320 Spitched axle, 3020HE; PNW based
    TV: '17 Colorado V6 Z71 4x4, Tow Package, GM Brake Controller
    Adventures:  51   Nights:  322  Towing Miles 41,200+