Larger than Original Fridge that will fit in 2010 TQ?

I'm about to do a survey of all the fridges I can find that are larger than the stock model but will fit in our 2010 TQ in the same spot where the original was but going into some of the surrounding cabinets for more space. I thought I would ask here to see if anyone has looked into this? I'm guessing my list will be short if there's any that will go on it at all. So far any of the Norcold models I have looked at that are any larger than the original are too deep by 2-3 inches (I love the size of the 305/06 models). Around 2.7 Cubic Feet would be lovely.

Existing cavity:
15 1/4 wide
20 5/8 tall
18 3/4 deep on the bottom
20 1/2 deep on the top

Cabinet area that could be altered to accommodate a larger fridge:
26 wide overall
34 tall overall

2010 T16-Q & 2013 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD.

Comments

  • Denny16
    Denny16 Member Posts: 5,430
    edited September 2020
    Get a chest type compressor fridge, like a Dometic, and make a drawer for it to,slide,inland out to access the top.  This is what quite a few small campers are using today.  They are more efficient with energy also, and stay cold when you open them.  They make several different models and sizes, some with two compartments, to add a freezer section.
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Tablet
    Tablet Member Posts: 46
    We may change our minds, but with the amount of food we bring, much of it fresh, we don't want to have to dig down to pull things out, especially in something larger than what we have. If we were going to do this then I would consider 2 units.
    2010 T16-Q & 2013 Toyota Sienna Limited AWD.