Casually Seeking a Camper in South Texas

Hey folks.  I'm brand new to the camper world, though my wife and I have been casually discussing such things for many years (she works in the arts, which I believe means there is a genetic pre-disposition to loving Airstreams).  We live in San Antonio and are a 3 person family (us + 7 year old).  We just tried RVing (Outdoorsy) for the first time last weekend, and-really enjoyed  our time, which got us thinking about getting our own camper.  The Avia is what initially caught my eye brought me to the forum, but it's really a bit much for us, and while there other interesting campers (detailed in comments I made in a "Small Avia" post here), I feel like the T@b 400 could possibly meet our needs.

I would sure like to actually lay eyes on one in person, but it looks like there aren't any currently available up at the dealer in Round Rock, nor available for rent in our vicinity. If anyone reading this happens to know of anyone within 100 miles of the San Antonio area who wouldn't mind showing off their baby to us, please drop me a line.  We promise not to bite! 

One other note I'll add here if anyone is still reading:  Our wish is to have a smallish trailer that could comfortably sleep two adults and two kids (for when our son wants to bring a friend along), but could be comfortably towed by a a mid-size truck (or, even better, a small-to-midsize SUV), and doesn't look like a mid-70's mobile home on the inside (or outside, frankly).  The T400 seems to hit nearly all of these marks, but doesn't look like it's well suited to having the second kiddo on board.  Someone had suggested that there might be a "bunk" type solution that could be rigged up; and I think I saw someone elsewhere mentioning putting a small cot in the galley area.  If anyone has first-hand experience with these, or any other any solutions, (besides the obvious: kids sleep in a tent!), I'd love to hear them.