Yet Another T@B Newbie

keithk26keithk26 Member Posts: 10
When my wife & I became empty-nesters several years ago, we decided to revisit tent camping; something we had both enjoyed as young adults raising families. Now that we are in our mid-60's, we decided it was time to graduate to a small RV (decision hastened by the pandemic). We are retired, so we find midweek trips work best for us; no crowds or traffic to contend with. We have become somewhat dependant on electric campsites, something we never considered as tent campers. Our T@B 320s has met all of our expectations in our first six trips this summer - 2 more trips to go before we call it a year.
2020 T@B 320 S, 2023 GMC Acadia /w tow pkg., Twin Cities MN

Comments

• VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,489
    Welcome, and congratulations! Be sure to post pics, we always love to see everyone’s trailers and campsites. 😁
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • dragonsdoflydragonsdofly Member Posts: 1,916
    @keithk26, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your trailer!  Glad to hear that your adventures are going well. Continued success, and Happy T@bbing!
    2017 t@b sofitel(Dr@gonsFly)TV 2015 Silverado 2500hd(Behemoth). Wyandotte, Michigan.
    Draco dormiens numquam titilandus.
  • mrdeepfryguymrdeepfryguy Member Posts: 73
    @keithk26  Welcome, we bought our 320S under the same circumstances as you. First time rv owners. Haven’t officially named it yet, but leaning towards “Divoc” .... covid spelled backwards !!! It helped us turn our 2020 around, allowing us to safely visit our three grandchildren who live 900 miles away, and to have a great time with our local grandchild who is 4. Have boondocked only in the driveway, so we have been electric hookup mostly as well. We carry a CPAp and worry about losing too much battery, but keep reading about battery management on this forum and will try short Boondock trips in 2021. We have the 105 watt solar setup and I have been checking the charge capabilities with the Victron app under different conditions and getting more comfortable with the performance (my non-rv neighbors probably think I’m OCD nuts always standing in front of the 320s tub holding my cell phone for readings). Learning curve in general has been steep, but a lot of down time this year for sure,  to learn something new.

welcome me to the forum and enjoy your adventures !
    2021 320 S Boondock / 2018 Toyota 4Runner / NE Ohio
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 32
    Wonderful story and great name. Divoc
    2021 TAB 400 BDL 
    No towing vehicle currently owned, looking at F150
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina