Options

Purpleline engaged or not?

Quick question for your Purpleline owners. Do you leave yours drivers engaged when your T@B is parked? It sounds like in Europe they use it as a braking system but I have always retracted mine. Just wondering what your prefer and why?
Kr@cken
2020 T@B 320 Boondock
Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
Clueless about everything electronic
2020 Subaru Ascent 
Bainbridge Island, Wa

Comments

• Options
    VictoriaPVictoriaP Member Posts: 1,492
    edited September 2020
    Mixed. 
    Engaged in camp, always, no exceptions. 
    At home, depends on how often I need to move the trailer, because with the Enduro, to engage it I need to grab the trailer keys (usually upstairs) and get the lever out of the compartment, + unlock and unchock the wheels, whereas if I leave it engaged, I just punch the code into the trailer door lock and pull out the remote, because it basically acts as a parking brake. Trailer is parked in front of the door from the carport to the house, so depending on what I’m doing there are times when I move it out of the way every few days. Right now, it’s chocked, both wheels locked, and the Purpleline retracted, because it’s unlikely I’ll need to move it for a while.
    The longer it’s engaged, the greater the risk of flat-spotting the tires, of course, but thus far I’ve left it for weeks sometimes and not had a problem.
    2019 320s BD Lite, white with blue (“Haven”)
    2015 Subaru Outback 3.6r (unsafe 200lb tongue weight limit until 2020 models)
    2020 Subaru Outback XT
    Pacific NW
  • Options
    cyoungcyoung Member Posts: 54
    Engaged when camping only. No need to have it on when sitting in your driveway. 
    2021 320 BOONDOCK, 2017 F150 2.7 ECOBOOST
  • Options
    MouseketabMouseketab Member Posts: 1,230
    Mine stays engaged sitting in the garage at home, but I tend to disengage it when at a campground after completely setting up because I have my BAL leveler on one wheel.
    Carol
    MOUSE-KE-T@B
    2007 Dutchmen T@B Clamshell #2741
    2022 nuCamp T@B 320 CS-S
    2021 F-150 502A Lariat SuperCrew, 3.5 EcoBoost 4x2
    Harvest, AL
  • Options
    Kr@ckenKr@cken Member Posts: 146
    Thanks! I was wondering about the flat spotting. I was also wondering if it would function as a theft deterrent. Impossible to move with the drivers engaged. I guess if they wanted the T@B bad enough they could remove the drivers but that would be quite time consuming.
    Kr@cken
    2020 T@B 320 Boondock
    Factory Victron Solar, Norcold 3 way Fridge
    Clueless about everything electronic
    2020 Subaru Ascent 
    Bainbridge Island, Wa