Options

The Damaged and Repaired T@320S 2016 Model

BallermarisBallermaris Member Posts: 32
edited September 2020 in Modifications & Upgrades
Finally, have my T@320S back from the shop. It languished three months waiting for parts from the manufacture which had been affected by Covid-19.

With the damage, the original option was to have totaled the trailer. (Um not happening, I bought it and paid for in cash.) The problem is that the area damaged is all ONE piece of metal so the enter piece would have had to be replaced. The dealer came up with a novel solution, and that was cutting out the damaged section and replacing it with diamond plate aluminum. No one in the know would think it was part of the trailer in the first place and matches the front diamond plate on the front surrounding the area behind the LPG tank.

There was a problem with damaged tail light, handle, and electrical plugin. I had a shore power outlet installed on the house for the trailer, and you guessed it, one of the 10-inch limbs slammed into that part of the trailer too damaging the outlet. (Look to the left in above the photo and the offending limb is present.)

Got to say Abigale is looking snazzy now.

I would post some photos but got to resize the originals so they are thumbnails instead of full size.

Ballermaris
Tow Vehicle - 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Trailer - 2016 T@B320S

Comments

• Options

Had to shrink photos but you can get the general idea of how she looks.

Ballermaris
    Trailer - 2016 T@B320S
  • Options
    Denny16Denny16 Member Posts: 5,445
    Looking good looking good.  Bet you are happy to have the trailer back.
    Our TaB400 has been in the shop for the past three months also, getting the floor replaced.  This part is finally done.  Some other minor fixes next week and I get it back also.  We have missed our Sunday mornings in the TaB.
    cheere
    2018 TaB400 Custom Boondock,  Jeep Gladiator truck, Northern California Coast.
  • Options
    Yeah, I am. Now to find a time that I can get time off to use it for the first time. In the process of renovating the house that will take a week once the new windows and doors are manufactured, but if lucky I just may use the remaining time to travel with it God willing.

I am trying for the Smokies, but Tennesse has had a huge spike in Covid-19 so things are still up in the air.

I did do two more modes on the Wrangler which is the tow vehicle, and they were the Dual Battery System from Genisus Off-Road out of Mississpi and I upgrade the braking system with a system called Positive Stop. It will in no uncertain terms bring the Wrangler to a screeching stop with the trailer attached without difficulty.

I noted after researching the rear aftermarket bumper that the rig can now tow up to 5,000 lbs as well.

so there is not a real concern bout the tow limitations since the original rear bumper was long gone.
    Ballermaris
    Trailer - 2016 T@B320S